Poor Network Performance for Whole Home DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gigahurtz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2006
I'm having an issue with the whole home DVR. My recordings are there, but when I try to play them on a remote receiver they skip or lose connection. I ran a system test and I'm getting an error message that says "Home Network Slow Performance Error" error code 48-079. I have my CCK connected through a switch but I have even connected it directly into my router and the problem still continues.

The connection to your router shouldn't impact your Whole Home experience.

Are all of your boxes DECA connected or Ethernet connected (or is it a mish-mash)?

All the boxes are connected via standard coaxial cable (which I assume would mean it's DECA). Forgive me, I'm new to the DirecTV world. I can tell you that the boxes are not connected with an ethernet cable. The only thing that has an ethernet cable is the cinema connection kit.

This suggests that there's some problems with the installation. If it hasn't been long since you had the WHDS installed, call DIRECTV and tell them you're getting the aforementioned error. The key is to act quickly before your installation warranty runs out.

Thanks for the reply! I have a service appointment scheduled for this morning. It seems one TV is working fine with recorded programming on whole house DVR while the other TV is not.

I had a similar problem. A "red button reset" on all receivers fixed it for me.

-Ted

whole home issues

my issues were similar and the problem was coax connectors. I've had DTV service since '96 and since '99 at my current address. All of my cables had been replaced when I upgraded to HD a few years ago but I was still using a few of the cheap, gold coax connectors to splice together lines. I had the technicial come out and he replaced all of my connectors and everything seems to be working fine.:)

It seemed to have been a receiver issue. The technician also replaced the wiring running to the box as well. So far, it's working well.

I had my H25 replaced and that seemed to resolve it. He also replaced the wiring with copper wiring to the HR34. The wiring I had was copper clad (?). So far, so good!

I had my H25 replaced and that seemed to resolve it. He also replaced the wiring with copper wiring to the HR34. The wiring I had was copper clad (?). So far, so good!
Glad to hear things are working fine for you now. You are the second person on this forum to have their H25 replaced. Looks like there may some issues with some of those receivers. And it also makes sense to replace the copper clad with solid copper. The steel core just does not carry the 21 volts as well as the solid copper. That can adversely affect the LNB head. You should have smooth sailing from now on.

So far so good.

One minor issue I'm having is occasionally on remote viewing on the whole home, I get a message that pops up and disappears saying "refreshing playlist". It can be a little annoying, and it's hit or miss. Any idea what this is from? Is this an HR34 issue?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)