poor picture quality using the rear inputs of the 811

lime4x4

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
Has anyone else have this issue..I hooked up my dvd player to input 1 of the 811 and picture is really poor..Thought maybe it was the dvd player so i also hooked up my 301 to input 1 of the 811 and the resulting picture is really poor..Any ideas?

I haven't tried the inputs on my 811, but it's probably related to the dark s-video problem. The 811 has so many problems, this is just another new one. I tried to use the 811's VCR timer yesterday and all I recorded was a black picture. The 811 turned on itself and it started/stopped the VCR just fine but no pic or sound. I tried it with the 811 on and it worked fine, so it seems when the timer powers up the 811 from being off to record a program it forgets to to send the video and sound to the VCR. Another problem to add to the list. :no

lime4x4 said:
I'm using the composite video output of the 811

The composite video and the s-video both have the same dark picture quality problem. Dish has said that the next software update will fix that issue. I notice it most on the premium movie channels for some reason, its still noticable on others but not as bad. Maybe it's just there are more dark scenes in movies. I am patiently, well maybe not, but I am waiting for the fix to come down this month. The high def outputs are not too bad. I use s-video to the tv and composite to the VCR and both pics are dark.

I have tried the composite inputs of the 811 and they do leave something to be desired. I would not pump DVD through them. The only thing I see them good at is maybe as a starting put for Avia tuning and I am not sure that would be any good. I was disappointed to say the least and I would not even use them for camcorder viewing.

Not really the dark video issue -- these inputs have very low resolution - barely watchable. Pretty much useless except in an emergency.

Craig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)