Poor picture quality with Wally + 4K HDR TV

Demanding, informed and able to do more without the help of others

I tell people they need to be the most informed consumer they can be. I felt like buying a TV shouldn't have been as stressful as this experience was.

There should be a way to hold a remote control in your hand, flip through menus, even try a different source before you buy. You're right- you have to pretty much DEMAND to be able to try the product. They're hoping you'll just walk in, drop $2000 and leave. And some people do, I'm sure. I'm extremely picky about PQ and I won't stand for a blurry picture on an appliance I spend a lot of $$ on.

One of the little turds working at a local BB actually laughed at me when I asked if they had any good old 1080p TV's. I shouldn't have to explain myself to a salesperson- they should show the customer what they want to see.

I could never work in sales.

That's when I whip out my Dish 21.1 remote and type in 858 for Samsung, and change the input lolz
Of course you memorize the most popular TVs.

Now I left the biz in 2010 and Samsung was not quite yet what it has become, but I still remember Sony as 500 (for sure) and, if I'm not mistaken, 501 was RCA and 502 was Zenith. Shows what were the most popular TVs at the turn of the century.

Now I left the biz in 2010 and Samsung was not quite yet what it has become, but I still remember Sony as 500 (for sure) and, if I'm not mistaken, 501 was RCA and 502 was Zenith. Shows what were the most popular TVs at the turn of the century.

566 was Magnavox :biggrin If you knew those 4 brands, you covered 95% of the TVs out there.

Reactions: TheKrell

Sony is still 500. RCA is normally 650, but depending on how old it is, that can vary. Zenith is so hard, I use LG codes

I have the same problem with a new 32 inch TCL TV and a Wally Dish receiver. Did you ever find a resolution?
Have you calibrated your TV? I had a customer with a Samsung Mid-grade TV complaining about how bad the picture was so I Googled Calibrate that model and went through all the settings and the TV looked almost stunning when I was done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)