Poor PQ on Digital channels 30 and under - Any Ideas?

wdwms

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 20, 2006
I had comcast come out to look at this, essentially on most low end channels (approx channels 2-35 or so) the digital quality of these channels is horrible. In fact, their analog counterparts are better! The poor PQ features tons of artifacting, blockyness and visable compression.

The first tech came last week, and he first changed out all connections from the tap to my house. No change in signal quality. So then he ran RG11 across my lawn from the tap directly to my plasma in the basement. Guess what, still very poor PQ. The fact that a direct run from the tap to my TV had poor PQ, AND a cable box OR the cable card in my tv produces the same poor PQ, I think we can safely assume it is outside of my house.

They've got a tech scheduled to come look at the tap on friday, it will be interseting to see what they find. The higher digital channels 50 and up are very good, and in the 100's they are even better. Something has got to be wrong.

Anyone else out there have a similar issue? Or if you have digital cable, are your low end channels as crisp and clear as the high channels?

Thanks

-t

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts