Poor Reception on G5-22

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gray1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2005
St. Louis, Missouri
Having some trouble with Headline News on G5-22. Cant seem to get all the sparklies out. Signal quality is only 40 percent. CNN Signal Quality is 100 percent and I am getting good reception on all other transponders. I have tried adjusting
skew and fine tuning. Anyone else having trouble with this channel? Any Ideas?

Thanks
allen

Having some trouble with Headline News on G5-22. Cant seem to get all the sparklies out. Signal quality is only 40 percent. CNN Signal Quality is 100 percent and I am getting good reception on all other transponders. I have tried adjusting
skew and fine tuning. Anyone else having trouble with this channel? Any Ideas?

Thanks
allen

Signal Q 100, here no problems. You could be getting some TI or adjacent satellite interference.

Well after working with this a little more I have found that if I move the feedhorn (away from the center) and point down and to the left, I get a lot stronger signal.
HNN goes to 80%. My first thought was that my dish was warpped. I have not stringlined it yet, but by sighting down the sides it does not appear to be warpped at all. I do have some blockage by trees. My question is would partial blockage possible cause this problem?

Thanks for the help.

Allen

The answer is, Yes! I've seen some minor (looking) tree branches cause weird problems like that. Sometimes one polarity is fine, the other won't be. Or comes and goes when the wind blows the branch a little. See if you get good levels on TBS and HBO-west, Showtime E, thats about the only other transponders left on that sat that are the same polarity. Could be that your lnb is not centered exactly on the dish.

I have strung the dish and it is fine. Strings barely touch in the center.
Here is what I have on G5. I only have analog (4dtv wishful :) )

CNN (5) 100% SQ
TBS (6) 100% SQ
HBO (8) 100% SQ
ESPN (9) 100% SQ
WGN (13) 80% SQ
ESPN2 (14 )100% SQ
HBO (15) 100% SQ
TNT (17) 100% SQ
HNN (22) 80% SQ

I only have two channels at 80% the others are at 100%. I guess I shouldnt complain I have a lot of blockage. I need to move the dish. Its a lot of work, but its easier to move than the oak tree.

Thanks
allen

Attachments

• dish4.jpg
    dish4.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 197
  • Dish 3.jpg
    Dish 3.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 189
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)