Poor signal, Poor installation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sound to me, the installer that installed your dish is the contractor's sub, and they are pay so low and not even able to buy a computer to learn the installation trick for this dish. There at least I know two sites to tell how to do this dish.

The pay part I agree with, but Circuit City is the retailer on this, and if the guys were rolling in a Firedog van or Scion, that means they were CC employees. CC is only using contractors for overflow, as I understand it. The only people that are gonna take these jobs are kids. I wouldn't take any job with Firedog outside of QC or management, because I know who they would be sending to unfck stuff like this.

Have you tried going into the store? Bring up their white glove service, and ask them about firedog culture......They say their mission is to make the customer happy.....

The pay part I agree with, but Circuit City is the retailer on this, and if the guys were rolling in a Firedog van or Scion, that means they were CC employees. CC is only using contractors for overflow, as I understand it. The only people that are gonna take these jobs are kids. I wouldn't take any job with Firedog outside of QC or management, because I know who they would be sending to unfck stuff like this.

Have you tried going into the store? Bring up their white glove service, and ask them about firedog culture......They say their mission is to make the customer happy.....

This bring up my memory three months ago when I saw their ads for a digital camera on sales, compared price with other stores, decided that was the one I needed, but those young saleperson really has no knowledge about the question I asked. Same line but difference model but they just don't know what the difference.

Thanks to a manager at Circuit City and a great installer I now have a decent signal. It took the installer about 10 minutes to fine tune the dish from the 30s and 40s to the high 70s and middle 80s. Only when you get hold of people that may have to see you again does customer service start to improve. A call center 500 miles from you with several hundred people working could care less about customer problems. They will never see you nor talk to you again. After one week with D* and Curcuit City I would like to offer the following:

Circuit City Firedog...this dog don't hunt!!!
Directv Call Centers suck...some of the worst customer service I have ever experienced.
Should I have moved away from Dish for a few bucks...probably not.

It will be interesting to see what the future holds.

I wish you were installing in this area. I just got a call from the installer (Circuit City called him) and now he's trying to blame it on the H20 receiver. It seems strange to me that he was getting signals in the 70% range with the 3lnb and now with the 5lnb the signal is in the 30's...and the problem is in the receiver???
Nothing strange at all. The Installer was not experienced with the dish and the proper technique to peak the dish and left the job..Since you didn't sign off( good move) he is responsible for the proper completion of the job before he gets his coin....The excuse that it is the receiver, is an attempt to escape from having to go back to the job..Hopefully this person will not be compensated until the job is completed satisfactorily.

Sound to me, the installer that installed your dish is the contractor's sub, and they are pay so low and not even able to buy a computer to learn the installation trick for this dish. There at least I know two sites to tell how to do this dish.
Can you please post the links to those sites.. Iam always on the lookout for new techniques, shorcuts and tricks to get things done more efficiently.Thanks..

I believe that is the problem...the two friggin knobs. When I tried to talk to them about the fine tuning...their response was these are factory preset and should not be moved. I understand that the nuts holding the fine tuning mounting are not to be moved...however the fine tuning adjustment knobs.........:rolleyes:

"factory preset and should not be moved"
Oh puhleeze!!!!! If the fine tune wasn't supposed to be used for anything, why put it there first place..Jeez!!!! The excuses to not make an effort to do a satisfactory job are simply mind boggling.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)