Not open for further replies.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I am signed in, and today have been getting pop ups only on this site. They are always to take a survey. Anyone else?

Oh, just saw two pop up ads on the bottom of my screen. Not sure what's going on .

Let me clarify that. The ads are on the site, not on a new tab..

Nothing here and no changes have been made in about 2 weeks. I haven't been around the past few days to break anything. :D

Try using another browser. If that doesn't work, run a malware scan on your machine. Over the weekend I accidentally installed something on my machine that added an extension to Chrome that highlighted a bunch of words for ads and kept opening stuff in another window. Eventually the web browsers stopped working completely (wouldn't connect to the internet.) Then I ran malwarebytes and it removed all the problems.

I have been randomly having this issue using safari on my iPad for a while now. It doesn't happen frequently enough to be a problem for me but it does happen. I will be browsing satellite guys and all the sudden an ad will take over the screen. It is a tiny iPhone screen size ad in the middle of my screen with a black background that blocks out the rest of the site until I hit a small X in the top left corner of the ad. When this happens I usually just force safari closed and relaunch the browser and everything is fine again.

Edit: next time it happens I will make note of the ad and try to take a screen grab on the iPad before I close it.

Last edited:
I have not seen any popups on the site. But, as a general rule I have popups always turned off in the browser and only approve sites I want to get a pop up from.

I have been randomly having this issue using safari on my iPad for a while now. It doesn't happen frequently enough to be a problem for me but it does happen. I will be browsing satellite guys and all the sudden an ad will take over the screen. It is a tiny iPhone screen size ad in the middle of my screen with a black background that blocks out the rest of the site until I hit a small X in the top left corner of the ad. When this happens I usually just force safari closed and relaunch the browser and everything is fine again.

Edit: next time it happens I will make note of the ad and try to take a screen grab on the iPad before I close it.

That's exactly what I see, though not today. I don't think it is malware on my side as I only see it on this site, nowhere else even after hours of being online. Beyond that I have good up to date program, that does not see anything on my computer, though I know it's still possible a new one can come along and not be seen.

I have not seen any popups on the site. But, as a general rule I have popups always turned off in the browser and only approve sites I want to get a pop up from.

Pop ups are turned off here also, but it still shows.

This one doesn't completely fit the description from earlier but I think it's a similar issue. It's not as bad as the other ones because it isn't taking over my whole screen but it does move up and down the page as I scroll. I am a pub member and signed in for these pictures.

edit: I am talking about the St. Lucia ad, not the Chrysler ad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 125
Very interesting... what the hell are those?

The Burst RealVu I know about, but that one that's following the page is a new one to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts