Port 4 Dp34 and ota input?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Frank Jr.

Beati pacifici 5:9
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2004
Columbia S.C.
If connecting an ota antenna to port 4 on a DP34 switch will the signal go out through outputs 1,2,3 and 4 that feed his receivers from the lnb's. Also will the receivers power the signal amplifier on the ota antenna from port 4 or will the amplifier need a separate power inserter. Ports 1,2 and 3 are connected to 110,105 and 119 respectfully.Any answers will be greatly appreciated. This is for a friend. I have my ota on a dedicated line.

OK, I'll take a shot at it. Hopefully I'm not too far off.

If you're diplexing OTA into the satellite feeds you need to do so between the switch and the receiver, bypassing any switch or separators in the process. If you want that OTA signal distributed multiple places you need a splitter and more diplexers.

Your power inserter for the antenna would need to go between the last diplexer and the antenna itself so as not to interfere with the LNB power on the satellite lines.

Frank Jr. said:
If connecting an ota antenna to port 4 on a DP34 switch will the signal go out through outputs 1,2,3 and 4 that feed his receivers from the lnb's. Also will the receivers power the signal amplifier on the ota antenna from port 4 or will the amplifier need a separate power inserter. Ports 1,2 and 3 are connected to 110,105 and 119 respectfully.Any answers will be greatly appreciated. This is for a friend. I have my ota on a dedicated line.

Is this a DP34 or a DPP44?

The only way for it to work is to use a diplexer. I have heard (now dont quote me on this) that you can put it on one of the lines coming from the dish to the switch and it will "split" that to the outputs. You would need a diplexer on the receivers

No it's on a dp34. I am right on with Iceberg about the diplexers. I have asked a bunch of people but who knows. I want to try this, great if it works but if it doesn't and have to run dedicated lines after all this, oh well would be neat to know. Might try it for the heck of it. If the switch would send the ota signa along the coax to the receivers and from the receivers dc voltage to port 4 and pourt 4 power the pre-amp, cool.

Last edited:
Frank
I'd try and hook a diplexer to the 119 cable (between the 119 LNB and the switch) and just try one receiver to see if it works.

Worse case scenerio is you have to split the OTA and put a diplexer on each output for each reicever. I diplexed the output from my Starchoice to 2 of my FTA recievers and it works fine. Only one cable to each room and needed a 2 way splitter

Iceberg said:
Frank
I'd try and hook a diplexer to the 119 cable (between the 119 LNB and the switch) and just try one receiver to see if it works.

Worse case scenerio is you have to split the OTA and put a diplexer on each output for each reicever. I diplexed the output from my Starchoice to 2 of my FTA recievers and it works fine. Only one cable to each room and needed a 2 way splitter
Thanks Iceberg. I am going to give it a try. Most people I have talked to said the switch will not seperate the ota signal. Hard headed me.

Then what about those multisiwtches that have an OTA included in it? DirecTV has them (5x8, 3x4) so I don't see why it wouldn't work on DIsh....but then this is DIsh

Yup! I will try and let effery one know. This is my fun..... I was about to correct my spellin but what the heck.

Last edited:
I will start on this next Saturday morning. I will let everyone know what happens. promise.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)