Portland KATU - any progress?

naturalchild

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
Oregon
Does anyone know if/when we'll get Portland KATU (ABC) back? There seems to be a stalemate, with each side blaming the other. We really want to watch the Oscars, and they're only on ABC.

Thanks,

Jan

I'm in the same boat with KVAL-TV in Eugene although KVAL is CBS rather than ABC.
KVAL is another Fisher station. What ticks me off is that Eugene is finally scheduled to receive our locals in March and I was looking forward to finally being able to see
CBS in HD (don't have line of sight so unable to receive it off air) Sure hope they sort this mess out before football season begins in the fall. :rolleyes:

Where did you see that eugune was scheduled to get CBS in HD?

I live in Corvallis, and I've never seen anything about Eugene Locals in HD over the satellite. I'm only aware that to get HD locals you need an OTA.

Where did you see that eugune was scheduled to get CBS in HD?

I live in Corvallis, and I've never seen anything about Eugene Locals in HD over the satellite. I'm only aware that to get HD locals you need an OTA.

It was from the 2/4/09 Dish Retailer Chat.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=33724&d=1233775060

I am in Cheshire and also do not have line of sight. I can pick up the Corvallis PBS station OTA, but no Eugene. I am really hoping that Dish does turn on the HD locals in March.

Tom

I also saw it on one of the uplink reports a couple of weeks ago...... four of the Eugene stations were on the new satellite at 129 in HD...... the CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX affils.

I'm surprised either of you can't get the Eugene stations OTA. I'm in corvallis and about 39 miles from the stations. I think the key to getting these is a good antenna. I use the following antenna and get over 90% signal strength on all channels.

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Antennas Direct DB4 Multi Directional HDTV Antenna

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I was just planning on buying an OTA antenna this week, because CBS in Eugene is off the Dish Locals. I had convince myself that it would be worth getting an antenna now so I could get CBS since, I would need the antenna to OTA HD this summer when I buy a HD TV.

Now, I'm rethinking buying the antenna just to CBS, since by summer time I will not need an OTA antenna to get HD Locals out of Eugene.