positionner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dreambox59

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2019
france
hi everybody especially Mr. Titanium

I live in FRANCE and I have made a positioner which can drive two motors and a lnb changer (made with a diseqc motor) also drive polarotor like corotor.

I have create this device just for me and 2 friends .

as you stop building ASC1 do you give some firmware as open source ?

best regards

hi "titanium" what is your first name ?
i have 100%made my positionner : i use to write in assembler , in MCS51 for this case . it seems there is no more bugs (i hope) .

avants.jpg

dessus2.jpg
arrieres.jpg

hi Brian ( i have seen your name in an other post)
my friend using my positioner own a SMR1224 and from time to time the motor gives erronous pulse , he put a second capacitor to prevent bounce , its better .
for me i have a superjack actuator i havent encountered any troubles
I'm interested to know how is the impulse interface in ACS1. Does your software read several at each pulse state (off and on)?

hi rodrigocn
i always prefer microprocessor like 8751 or pic 16fxx , in this case we need high speed to manage IR signal , diseqc , and pulse count !
maybe you can do it with several µP !
for diseqc i m using an interface look like the moteck : the frame is filtered and pulse are similar as IR .
-the main program check every 200µs (timer0 interupt) the state of remote , pulse AZ pulse EL , diseqc .
-only REmote and diseqc activate external interupt
-during timer0 interupt a few counters count state "1" and state "0" of diseqc
-when diseqc counter "1" reach a great value i can initiate a diseqc cycle.
-each falling edge of diseqc i check the same counter to know if its 1or 0.

disex1.jpg
disex2.jpg

Reactions: rodrigocn
hi rodrigocn
i always prefer microprocessor like 8751 or pic 16fxx , in this case we need high speed to manage IR signal , diseqc , and pulse count !
maybe you can do it with several µP !
for diseqc i m using an interface look like the moteck : the frame is filtered and pulse are similar as IR .
-the main program check every 200µs (timer0 interupt) the state of remote , pulse AZ pulse EL , diseqc .
-only REmote and diseqc activate external interupt
-during timer0 interupt a few counters count state "1" and state "0" of diseqc
-when diseqc counter "1" reach a great value i can initiate a diseqc cycle.
-each falling edge of diseqc i check the same counter to know if its 1or 0.

View attachment 139561 View attachment 139560

Hi!.
How is your diagram for the reed switch? I'm using this for now and it works relatively well
Thanks for the info.

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    2.7 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: jimleebob
Hi!.
How is your diagram for the reed switch? I'm using this for now and it works relatively well
Thanks for the info.
hi rodrigo

i ve post an answer here , but it vanish ! give me personal mail in my PM, i ll send you some schematics !

Yes, please repost! Your schematics were not pulled on purpose. We lost a lot of posts from yesterday.

here is the moteck (generic name) positionner schematic (posi15) and my own device (posi52)

from this issue i have made some inprovements :
- an addon card for driving a diseqc motor (use for lnb revolver)
and PWM supply for 36V (to manage speed of motors)

Attachments

• posi52.pdf
    98.2 KB · Views: 241
  • posi15.pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 154
here is the moteck (generic name) positionner schematic (posi15) and my own device (posi52)

from this issue i have made some inprovements :
- an addon card for driving a diseqc motor (use for lnb revolver)
and PWM supply for 36V (to manage speed of motors)

Very good design, Are you using interrupts to count the motor pulses?

no : with my actuator pulse is during about 30 to 40ms on a SMR1224 pulse length is 13ms !
in timer0 loop , every 5ms i check the state of pulses (az and el) it s enough to have a correct count

hi rodrigo
i have just found your posts on FTATV FORO , great job
i haven t read all posts but i can give you some tips about counting pulse.
i talk to you soon

JP

hi rodrigo
i have just found your posts on FTATV FORO , great job
i haven t read all posts but i can give you some tips about counting pulse.
i talk to you soon

JP

If you can write me by MP or in this thread.
Now I use the arduino interrupts in CHANGE mode to count the pulses and it works fine.
I was recommended to implement a PWM and a proportional speed control to stop the parabolic smoothly and stop at the exact position.

I will adapt the actuator to use a hall sensor so I can do tests with the positioner for make compatible with those sensors
Thank you.

i have never use arduino so i dont know all its features .
in mcs51 (89s52) there is only 2 external interupt (one for ir remote and one for diseqc ) i manage pulse from actuator during timer0 routine it s work well too (i had create this part of firmware long time ago) these days i have add a mosfet for speed control (same way as you do)
i had worked few years ago with at89lp51rd2 (pin compatible with 89s52 but 12 times faster) i work on migration to this device .
for my boards i use kicad and boards are build in china for a very small price . what are your tools for printed board ?
can you give me a copy of your schematics ?
JP

i have never use arduino so i dont know all its features .
in mcs51 (89s52) there is only 2 external interupt (one for ir remote and one for diseqc ) i manage pulse from actuator during timer0 routine it s work well too (i had create this part of firmware long time ago) these days i have add a mosfet for speed control (same way as you do)
i had worked few years ago with at89lp51rd2 (pin compatible with 89s52 but 12 times faster) i work on migration to this device .
for my boards i use kicad and boards are build in china for a very small price . what are your tools for printed board ?
can you give me a copy of your schematics ?
JP

My methods to make the PCB are very basic.
Use an electric iron and glossy paper

something like that:

These are the circuit diagrams that I have working now, I still have some errors in the software but it works

Attachments

• motor.PNG
    motor.PNG
    8.7 KB · Views: 143
  • pulsos.PNG
    pulsos.PNG
    3.5 KB · Views: 119
i seen you had encountered some troubles with lnb switch !
to prevent signal loss , i have picked diseqc signal in receiver before tuner unit :
the diseqc modulate signal is injected in tuner unit but at this place there is no HF signal so i can put a wire to an rCA cinch and there is no signal loss!!

here is an octagon sf8008

dis2.jpg

you can see how to get diseqc signal (with 13/18 power supply) before it go in tuner unit .

dis1.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts