Positive things if VOOM goes under...

Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
If VOOM goes under, the good things are:

1) No more "VOOM doom" predictions by so called Wall Street financial "analysts"
2) No more "VOOM doom" threads here or at AVSForum
3) No more VOOM bashers (pradike/hdtvfan001, bruce/boo, DobyMax, fredfa, miniz, zubinh)

Any others?

Another spectacular media provider could rise from the ashes... providing everything from high speed internet, phone/voip, video on demand, grocery delivery services, home security, etc... perhaps one that's NOT a cable company. Regardless, if Voom or any other content provider dies, more will take their place. Making us, the consumers with disposable income, the winners by a long shot.

Long live Voom! Or not. Either way, we'll be watching tolerable programming at a reasonable cost. HD will inevitably find its way. We cutting edge folks just have to be patient and enjoy what we have... for now.

:yes

cmslick3 said:
free 24" Wok, or camp fire griddle..
Priceless.

I was going to say:

1. about 200 dollars in cables to auction at ebay.
2. A 50 dollar antenna to auction at ebay.
3. A 50 dollar dish to auction.
4. Might even find a sucker or two for the boxes?

snaggerbob said:
darrellp...i hope you are posting about voom's skeeters well into the future.
It will probably take months after Voom goes dark to scrape them all off my screen. ;)

DarrellP said:
It will probably take months after Voom goes dark to scrape them all off my screen. ;)
Darrell, the source of the Voom's skeeters is Rainbow-1 and I heard that E* will be migrating HDNet to that bird :eek: :shocked :D

Walter L. said:
Darrell, the source of the Voom's skeeters is Rainbow-1 and I heard that E* will be migrating HDNet to that bird :eek: :shocked :D
Thanks for the wonderful news, Walter. :p

To add to Vurbano's #4......

Ironically, if you purchased your STB and Voom goes under, the STB would actually be worth something on the open market. You could sell it as a collector's item. Or donate it to the Voom Hall of Fame.

DarrellP said:
You can always go to Wal Mart and buy their $199 OTA receiver.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That thing is a USDTV reciever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giving them one penny supports destroying HD OTA. Please people buy anything but not that!!!

vurbano said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That thing is a USDTV reciever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

giving them one penny supports destroying HD OTA. Please people buy anything but not that!!!
Wow, what does Wallmart do? They sell it as an OTA Tuner and then when you turn it on it says "Call 1-800-USDTV" to order :p

You do NOT have to activate it. Walter, did you know that all of the Portland stations sold out? Bummer, I don't know when they are going to do it though. Sounded like Koin, KGW & KATU needed newer encoders so they wouldn't butcher the signal so bad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)