Positive Upgrade Experience

rswelch91

Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Delaware
Just thought I would share an actual good experience with E. Had an upgrade scheduled for 2/9 bewteen 0800-1200. Going from my 942 to a 722 and adding a 2nd dish 500 for 61.5. Dish called me the night before to confirm the install. The installer called at 0830 the day of ,and said he would be there between 0900-0930. He arrived at 0915 and the install went great. Finally able to see the rest of the HD channels I was missing due to no 61.5 and the old HD pack. Today "moved" 10 miles a way using chat and now for the 1st time in 12 years am able to get Philadelphia locals. Thanks to a great installer and all here for the advice gained.

When I bought another 622 thru the DIU program I had to have a Tech come out to hook everything up. It went very well and the two techs were very polite and informative. He even hooked it up so I could use the PIP function on my new set in the bedroom. I have to say they were very professional and courteous. In 11 years with Dish I have never had one problem with a Tech or an installation. Even when I had Direct setup, for baseball, that Tech was absolutely perfect, even when he did "cut" my cables to my Dish setup! He fixed everything and did even a better job installing the Direct system. Cables were very well secured and looked great. After reading about all the troubles people have had over the years with installs, I guess I am just downright lucky.

It is not unusual that installs and upgrades go well as most do it is only that you do not normally get input about the good ones you only hear the people bitching about the bad ones and they always make a production out of it. I would bet that 90% of installs and upgrades go well at least that is my experience with customers in my area that I speak with but that one that had a bad experience always makes a huge production out of whatever issue they had with an install/upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts