Positive Voom Review On Cnet.com

Bad reveiw. It says Voom dish points SW. Voom points almost East.

It says LOS issues for locals unique to NYC b/c of Empire State BLDG. There's only 10,000 threads about OTA problems here.

Said Voom's DVR will be like 921. God I hope not.

Hard to make much stock in reveiw written by someone so uninformed.

Thanks for heads up on the article, though :)

Except that if you live in NYC, the sat may be SW for you. I know where I live, which is west of NYC, thebird is at 178. I have no problem believing NYC is beyond 180.

It's a very good review.

It's a good review.

Because so many people have had really bad experiences with their install and OTA, we should feel lucky that they did'nt have major problems, and then ripped Voom a new one (the way we do here). That would have been a disaster for Voom.

About them being uninformed. Most people don't care where there dish is pointed, they just want to watch TV.

I think that it is a fair and accurate review of VOOM. It points out both the good and bad and conclude that VOOM is "Very Good". The reviewer seems to have done his homework. He mention the upcoming HD DVR, the latest channel additions (ESPN, TNT-HD) and even EquatorHD and the Cinema10 re-org. He also mention a lot of the same complaints we see on this forum: lack of inHD & NDNet, no OAR on Cinema10 movies, rain fade, need of more content on VOOM originals. I almost swear that the reviewer must have visited this forum :D

Very good review, the only thing I had exception with was he reported that the PQ was "stunning". It is not, it is good but not stunning. Apparently he has never seen HDNET or decent OTA, but then, he was watching on a 42" plasma, so it may have been stunning on a small screen. PQ is my one gripe with Voom, they really need to up the bitrate or do something to give it the WOW factor. The Cinema10 channels have come way up in quality since they upped them back up to 1080i, hopefully they will fix Equator soon.

Equator

Ah ha! So, I'm not delusional. Equator HD is not up to snuff. What I see looks like grain, but i thinks it's just the smallest detectable bit of pixelization (but it's always in the frame).