Possible Hd Dates Are Set !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like June 20 is the launch date for the D10 satellite.And September 5 th for our new active HD channels. www.dbstalk.com and Directv Tech. DBS talk web also has a link you can view Russian Launches planed for 2007 and 2008. Make sure you go into Forms on DBS. and Directv General.

I can't get your link to work.

There are no confirmed dates, or even months for new national hd channels. A lot of things have to go right with the launch and afterwards to have new channels that soon. Plus, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of news on hd channels that would actually be launched by then to choose from.

There are no confirmed dates, or even months for new national hd channels. A lot of things have to go right with the launch and afterwards to have new channels that soon. Plus, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of news on hd channels that would actually be launched by then to choose from.

I have to think you are wrong on this also. While there may be no PUBLISHED target date to turn on DIRECTV10 - you better believe there is a 'inside' date. And THAT is the ONLY date that really matters, not what they tell you or me, but what THEY have to work on.

How can you foolishly think that a company spending a BILLION dollars wouldn't have a launch plan?

Bottom line, as long as the launch goes as planned, you can expect it on by Labor Day.

Directv has also told me by Labor day,As long as there are No launch problems.And 2 1/2 months is plenty of time for Satellite to start broadcasting.Directv has assured me it really only takes 2 weeks for satellite to broadcast.But like anything else I think they want to make sure all is working fine,So when all the Sue happy customers have a problem my bill dosen't get any bigger.

I have to think you are wrong on this also. While there may be no PUBLISHED target date to turn on DIRECTV10 - you better believe there is a 'inside' date.
That's kind of like planning the date and time of your next oil change in your vehicle. There are many reasonable factors that might have an impact on the turn-up date. Among the most unpredictable are weather delays of the satellite launch. Boeing delays are certain, but the extent of the delays is very unpredictable.

Once launched, the time line should be more predictable, but still not cast in stone.

There was a list of channels confirmed, www.hdtvoice.com/voice/showthread.php?t=29795 thread #19

I'll believe it when I see the actual channels release their HD press releases before I listen to any company...whether it be cable, fiber, or satellite...saying they are going to have a channel.

Also everyone is right, Nothing is for sure.But atleast with a date its better then being in the dark.This is the real world ,you can't expect everything to go as planned.

Says nothing about labor day. Projects a yearly quarter, not even a month.

I see you don't get it .Read some other threads maybe then you'll see that others are saying the 5 th also .The list of channels is the confirmed HD list with this D10 launch.No one said these are the channels comming on the 5 th.

www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=84971&page=9 Thread #206 and read on !

I am amazed that people here believe everything they read here and elsewhere on the internet is gospel. Unless you work for either E* or D* and have a say in what they will do in the future then most information is third party and heresay. There's nothing wrong with debate, speculation or wishful thinking but, no one knows what will happen despite all the comments made.

I am amazed that people here believe everything they read here and elsewhere on the internet is gospel. Unless you work for either E* or D* and have a say in what they will do in the future then most information is third party and heresay. There's nothing wrong with debate, speculation or wishful thinking but, no one knows what will happen despite all the comments made.

You couldn't be more right!!! But there are links on that Form that have Same information. #217

Questioner - is your only reason for posting to troll, pi$$ people off and get into arguments? Looks like it to me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)