Possible MLB Rule Change

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I remember in the 1972 World Series an Oakland A's pitcher struck out a Cincinnati Reds batter on an apparent intentional walk. I also remember uncounted wild pitches on intentional walks. It's taking something away from the game to save a couple of seconds.
If I'm not mistaken, that was Johnny Bench ...

They used this rule in the Italy vs Dominican Republic game and it was awful. I felt horrible for the how tough Italy played tied going into the 10th and then, to have a man on 2nd against THAT line-up felt it was completely unfair.

Reality is, batters take WAY too much time in the box. Umpires should force batter to be ready to hit within a few seconds. They step out, get signs, adjust something...then adjust something else...step in the box, step out and adjust yet something else and suddenly...4 pitches into the at bat, you are looking at 3-5 minute AB. HORRIBLE!

@ Salsa. There's a rumour our favourite MLB owner is in the running for the Ambassadorship to France. A great reason, IMO, not to visit the country