Possible new customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jessshaun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Robinson, Illinois, United States
I had an upgrade to Dish HD scheduled for today, and had a line of site issue for 129.

I currently have a superdish that when locals were on 105 it worked fine picking up 105, 110, and 119.

My question is what satellites does Directv use? Would I be able to see all of Directv's satellites. (especially the HD satellites?) I have a new HDTV in the home, and I'm not content with just Dish SD.

For DirecTV you need from 99-119 and actually a little beyond that just to be safe. If you got the 119 for Dish you will get the 119 for Direct just fine. Majority of HD programming is on the 99 and the 103. Also, depending on your location you may need the 72.5. Overall 5 sats total, 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119.

Hmm... I'm not an expert, but it looks like it might work fine. (I can guarantee it wouldn't work for 72.5, but I'm sure I wouldn't need it. My only problem is that locals aren't offered on Directv. ... and OTA, only CBS and PBS is in digital until later in the year.

Well the 72.5 would be only for locals in certain markets so if D* doesn't carry them you would not need that satellite. Sorry should have clarified what it was for in previous post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)