Possible new dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

StarScan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 1, 2013
North Liberty, Indiana
A guy at work has been telling me about a dish in his buddys yard. He said it came off a holiday in motel. Can anyone tell me if this goes on a pole mout or one of those odd tripod looking mounts and is it a fixed or motorized dish?
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1444687630.848710.jpg

It's fiberglass (translation= VERY heavy) and seems to have a back frame that would suggest it was mounted on a TOWER of some sort.

If it was me, I'd pass. I used to own an 11ft dish that was from a motel, and I never want another one.

Three or four legged stationary (fixed-one satellite) would be my guess.. But there seems to be declination 'built in' there???? Really hard to tell with only one view. Multi-feed??? But then again. laying on the uneven ground, for how long(?), has it warped??

Plus it's laying face down.

Where's the feed arms and lnb holder??? Crushed, or completely missing?

Pass it up, you'll sleep better. There's far better free dishes out there worth spending time on, why get one that is such a mess to start with, with no upside or special reason to get it.

Reactions: KJ6EO
Star ... I see you have a 10' Winegard Pinnacle like me ... an excellent bud. I was very fortunate to find it just down the street from me. I got rid of the old servo horn and put on an Orthomode feed w 2 Norsat 8115's.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts