Possible new E* customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jpeckinp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I have been a D* customer for the last 6 years, but with the new HD content coming out this fall I am in trouble. My current location will not allow me to get the 99 sat and unfortunately that is one of the new sats with all the goodies.

I have been reading up on the Superdishes with E* but with all the different models I am confused.

Here is what I need to know.

I live in Chicago and want the full package All HD and HD locals along with AEP.
What dish do I need?

Also what are E* plans for more HD content in the future? Is there any new sats that will be farther east than 101? I see that all the HD content on 61.5 is duplicated on 129 but when I look on the E* site they don't even list a sat at 129 and what part of the US it covers.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
Also thanks to BFG for the info thread at the top of the forum it was very helpful.

Last edited:
:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

Well you will not need a Superdish. What you will need is a Dish1000. That gets 110, 119, 129. Chicago locals are on the 110 Sat. HD as you know is on 129 and 61.5....If you have a 129 LOS(Line of Sight) problem then you can try 61.5.

DUH, thanks Claude, I was not thinking of HD locals but SD. I'm glad you corrected me.

I can get a better deal thru the Dish Store than any other company or Dish Netwrok themselves?? I thought it was all the same??

I can get a better deal thru the Dish Store than any other company or Dish Netwrok themselves?? I thought it was all the same??

Yes you can get a better deal from Claude at Dish Store than anyone else. Check his deal at the GOLD SPONSOR SHOWCASE under the title "FREE VIP 622 FOR NEW CUSTOMERS PLUS OVER 300 IN SAVINGS"

I went through Claude when I signed up 3 months ago and it went flawlessly. I highly recommend Claude!

Jeff

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!!

Well you will not need a Superdish. What you will need is a Dish1000. That gets 110, 119, 129. Chicago locals are on the 110 Sat. HD as you know is on 129 and 61.5....If you have a 129 LOS(Line of Sight) problem then you can try 61.5.

The only sats I will have a problem with is anything below 101. I have clear view to the west and live on the 12th floor of an apartment building and the over hang above my balcony is keeping from getting anything lower than 101.

I have one other option I am going to look at. AT&T has been doing a lot of work in my neighborhood the last few months and the rumor has it that it might be for U-verse, and if that is the case it would be smarter for me to go that way and save money on the monthly bills.

Thanks for the info guys I will keep you in mind Claude if the time comes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts