Possible New HD on Feb. 1

Hey, that's not what a real chat looks like. Here, I just checked myself and here is what the chat looked like:

You have been connected to (03)Kevin R.
(03)Kevin R: Welcome to Dish Network. How may I help you today?
Me: I am interested in finding out if new HD channels will be available soon.
(03)Kevin R: I will be glad to help you.
(03)Kevin R: Can you please confirm your name and address?
Me: Sure, it's *****************
(03)Kevin R: May I have your permission to check your account records?
Me: Yes, please go right ahead.
(03)Kevin R: I see you have the PVR921.
Me: No, I sold that receiver last year when I upgraded to a 622.
(03)Kevin R: Let me check your records.
(03)Kevin R: Ok, I see you have a ViP622 and a PVR921.
Me: No, I sold the 921 and called Dish to have it removed from my account.
(03)Kevin R: Let me check again.
(03)Kevin R: Yes, I see you are correct. How can I help you?
Me: New HD channels? Will there be any soon?
(03)Kevin R: Please wait a moment while I check with someone.
(03)Kevin R: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network today.
(03)Kevin R: We appareciate your business.
Me: No problem.
(03)Kevin R: I see you are subscribed to HD service at this time.
(03)Kevin R: You should be receiving HD programming now.
Me: Yes, I have been for sometime now. I was asking about new HD channels.
(03)Kevin R: Yes, thank you. Let me check.
(03)Kevin R: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network today.
(03)Kevin R: Have you rebooted your ViP622 yet?
Me: No, why do I need to do that? Are there new channels already available?
(03)Kevin R: Please run the switch test and tell me if all satellites are connected.
Me: But I'm not having a problem, I'm just calling to see if there will be new HD channels soon.
(03)Kevin R: Yes, thank you. Did your receiver restart yet?
Me: I didn't reboot it since I don't have a problem.
(03)Kevin R: So you are seeing the HD channels in the program guide?
Me: No! Yes! No! I'm just asking... ok. Just forget it. Thank you anyway.
(03)Kevin R: You are welcome.
(03)Kevin R: Is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: No, thank you.
(03)Kevin R: It was my pleasure assisting you!
(03)Kevin R: Thank you for chatting with Dish Network, have a great day!

Yep Sounds Just like Dish CS

Man that was classic outsourced CSR They have no clue! The trick I use works pretty well... I confuse the first person and ask for tier two support. After about five minutes of confusion, I get tier two and they are usually on this side of the world and the the training scale in more in line with what I need. This method has not fail me yet.

This is the response that I got during my chat session:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](05-03) Jan K: We are constantly adding channels on a regular basis to our line up and continue to provide the widest variety of HD programming options available anywhere. Unfortunately we are unable to disclose what channels will be added or when due to legalities. For information regarding our HD package channel line up check out this link which will be updated as soon as any channels are added.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/pdf/whats_on_dish/programming_guides/HD_Channel_Lineup.pdf

[/FONT]

I don't believe the chat initially connects you to a human. I believe they use a "chat bot" initially. I don't have a transcript, but I tried to get a Dish Pro Plus Switch for my 622 (can you believe they don't automatically send these with the receiver?) and based on the responses I'm convinced it was a bot. Finally after 20+ minutes it said it was going to forward me to tier 2 support. I believe tier 2 support personnel are mostly humans.

Last edited:
I chatted with a few other reps today, and one of them said something interesting; 25 HD channels will be added in the month of February--with most of the being added on Feb. 10 (a sunday:rolleyes:)!
Based on today's uplink report, I'm thinking that the CSRs are referring to the HD Only package when they announce there will be new HD channels, because they don't know any better. They will have new channel numbers. The HD Only package will be available Feb. 1st.

Based on today's uplink report, I'm thinking that the CSRs are referring to the HD Only package when they announce there will be new HD channels, because they don't know any better. They will have new channel numbers. The HD Only package will be available Feb. 1st.

This is what me thinks too.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)