Possible returning subscriber questions

Instead of adding add'l questions to the OTA EPG thread that I started, I think I'll post a number of questions in this new thread to help me decide whether to go back with Dish and their DishHD package. (My other choice would be DirecTV's "Plus HD DVR" package.)

1. Can I get more than one 722 on the account? And, if so, is there an add'l startup fee for the 2nd 722?

2. What would be the NAD (nickel and dime) fees for the following setup, in addition to the $34.99 for DishHD plus Locals:
-722 for HDTV in living room
-2nd 722 for HDTV in BR1 and SDTV in BR2 (or 612, if two 722's are not possible)

3. Does Dish have multi-room viewing from DVR to DVR or non-DVR? (That would negate the necessity of a 2nd 722, actually.)

4. I know that RSN is not included in DishHD package, but is it possible to get HD RSN if I pay for the SportPack? Do they even still offer the SportPack? (It used to be around $5.)

5. What is up with the 129 satellite? From what I understand, it contains most of the HD channels, but is dying. Will I have trouble receiving 129 in Northern California, or is the problem mainly affecting Easterners? Will they be replacing it soon?

6. Are their HD channels being compressed to "HD-Lite" quality? I know that Direct was doing this until they added capacity. Comcast just started doing this in my area. That is one of the reasons I am looking to change, and don't want to switch to a service that is also degrading their HD signals.

Thanks in advance.

All your questions answered.

1. Initial install with 2 VIP 722 is 199 dollars or 1 VIP 722 and 1 VIP 612 is 99 dollars.

2. Fees
a. HD receivers past the first 7 dollars
b. DVR fee per dvr 5.98
c. No phone line fee for 722 is 5 dollars (does not apply to the 612)

3. No. Sorry.

4. No (yes they offer the sports pack but only if you have AT100+ or higher and it 5.99 you may not have it on the HD only pak, but their is speculation that this may change in the future)

5. You will be pointed at 129 in california. It works fine. If it is replaced dish will migrate you for free.

6. No you get full quality. You get exaclty what the provider gives.

All your questions answered.

1. Initial install with 2 VIP 722 is 199 dollars or 1 VIP 722 and 1 VIP 612 is 99 dollars.

2. Fees
a. HD receivers past the first 7 dollars
b. DVR fee per dvr 5.98
c. No phone line fee for 722 is 5 dollars (does not apply to the 612)

3. No. Sorry.

4. No (yes they offer the sports pack but only if you have AT100+ or higher and it 5.99 you may not have it on the HD only pak, but their is speculation that this may change in the future)

5. You will be pointed at 129 in california. It works fine. If it is replaced dish will migrate you for free.

6. No you get full quality. You get exaclty what the provider gives.

RE #6...afraid not. It's called compression.

Thanks for the complete and assumptively accurate answers. It's too bad about #4. I hope Dish changes this so that DishHD subs can get their RSN, either by purchasing a la carte, or within the Multi-sport pack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)