Possible software issues with 301/311 receivers

mdwatt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 29, 2006
Jackson, OH
Calling all fellow DISH techs! I've been noticing a problem lately with 301/311 receivers. They seem to lose signal for no apparent reason. Here's the scenario: Dish 1000 system with a plus twin and a dual on the dish, 2-301 receivers in the system. 1 receiver works fine. The other one gets no signal at all. However, if you do a check switch, it goes to 3 of 3, just as you would expect. But the switch matrix show conn....conn...conn. So....this means that the DiSEqC is working correctly, the cable is good, and the LNBs are working. I go in the menu and do a reset to factory defaults, then a front panel reset and BANG...signal is back......for a couple days....then no signal again. So...I replace the LNBs, upgrade to a 1000.2, replace ALL the cable and fittings and ground block. Think it's fixed right? WRONG! Couple days later, back again same problem. I replaced the receiver today so we'll see how that does. Several other techs out of my office have been experiencing the same problem with different setups...superdish, 500s, even different receiver combinations. What leads me to beleive that it's software is this... Last week I hooked up a 301 receiver that belongs to my father-in-law to my home system for it to take a software update and have it reactivated. He uses it only during the summer at our local campground in his RV. This receiver worked fine all last summer, and fine on my home system. Until it took a software download. Then as soon as it rebooted after the update, it had no signal. A couple resets and checkswitches later it was working. For how long I don't know. But the problem didn't start until AFTER the download.

Current software version for a 301 is 3.46 or 3.92 and for a 311 is 4.14 or 4.15. is anyone else having this problem?

I reported an issue similar to this to Dish but nothing ever came off it.. My problems were strictly on DP301-010.. They would just quit getting a signal. Or they would show a bad LNB when there was nothing wrong with the LNB. I never saw the Problem on DP301-013's. It was deffinitely a software issue. DP301-010 were working fine till after a software update and then they got flakey.

Our problems were mostly with 105 Superdishes at the time though..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts