Possible STB OTA problem with 6.2 ????

owlbox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
MA
Since upgrading to 6.2 my box has developed a problem. I'm in the Boston area. I used to get 44.1-4 fine but now the box says there is no signal present on all 4 channels. If I go into the installer menu and scan it no longer finds them but when I look at the signal quality on any of these channels it says it's 98. When I first loaded 6.2 it worked for awhile but now it's dead. The signal quality and strength have not changed. Rescanning consistently misses those 4 channels. Others in this area have replied that they still get the channels so it's not likely to be a PSIP problem here. Tried rebooting the box and rescanning. Nothing helps. Any ideas??
:(

Same here with my PBS, it's due to the PSIP signal that Voom is looking at, for some reason known only to the geniuses at Motorola, the box will recognize the channel but will not map it.

It worked for awhile after updating to 6.2. Is this new behavior with 6.2? I had no problem for months with the earlier code.

owlbox said:
Since upgrading to 6.2 my box has developed a problem. I'm in the Boston area. I used to get 44.1-4 fine but now the box says there is no signal present on all 4 channels. If I go into the installer menu and scan it no longer finds them but when I look at the signal quality on any of these channels it says it's 98. When I first loaded 6.2 it worked for awhile but now it's dead. The signal quality and strength have not changed. Rescanning consistently misses those 4 channels. Others in this area have replied that they still get the channels so it's not likely to be a PSIP problem here. Tried rebooting the box and rescanning. Nothing helps. Any ideas??
:(

If you have a diplexor get rid of it....signal strength is stronger when both
antennas run on it own coaxial cable. Try purchasing your own OTA
antenna......Antenna Direct DB8 did it for me....I'm 62 miles away from
the LA tower between mountain ranges, houses, trees, etc. 90+ signal.

The signal is a solid 98 and sometimes 99. No multipathing / big swings in signal. I don't need a new antenna. I'm 20mi. away, line of sight, on a big hill.

owlbox,
You may want to contact the local station in Boston, for the problem might be at their end.
I had a similar problem with a local station in Phoenix. I sent the engineer an e-mail telling him that my Mits TV (with integrated digital tuner) was no longer remapping the station. Turned out that the PSIP server had crashed, but no body was aware of it. A simple reboot fixed the problem.

tnx I'll do that.....
UPDATE.. PROBLEM RESOLVED. MUST HAVE BEEN PSIP PROBLEM AT WGBXDT.
:D :D :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)