Problem With Picture

grahamhd

Original poster
Jul 1, 2006
Hi guys,

I purchased a Voom receiver off of Ebay for OTA HD reception. When I first hooked it up everything worked fine. I could receive most of the local channels. Now when ever I try to watch something I just get a black screen. I can see the menu and guide fine but I get no audio or video. On channels where there is insufficient signal I get the message "No signal received on local channel #" but channels where there is sufficient signal it is just black. I'm guessing the tuner module may have gone bad. And if it is the module buying a new one should correct the problem right? Any ideas? Thanks for any info.

Welcome to the forum!
Try a reboot (press and hold the power button on the box for a few seconds, or just unplug it for half a minute).

grahamhd said:
Hi guys,

I purchased a Voom receiver off of Ebay for OTA HD reception. When I first hooked it up everything worked fine. I could receive most of the local channels. Now when ever I try to watch something I just get a black screen. I can see the menu and guide fine but I get no audio or video. On channels where there is insufficient signal I get the message "No signal received on local channel #" but channels where there is sufficient signal it is just black. I'm guessing the tuner module may have gone bad. And if it is the module buying a new one should correct the problem right? Any ideas? Thanks for any info.

Guide? how did you get a guide?

Our voom boxes are famous for locking up if you change the channel too quickly and too many times. The reboot procedures above usually fix this. Afterwards, you do have to re-do the local channel setup to hide the channels you do not want to see, which I assume you have done before.

Thanks for the help guys. I will give that a try when I get home. What I meant by guide was the channel and station information at the bottom of the screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts