Possible Switch to DirecTV with an MRV Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nick9

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2008
Thinking of switching from Dish and have a question about MRV.
If someone wants to watch a previously recorded show from another room, can I continue to watch a show, recorded or live, from the main TV with the DVR?
With Dish I like the function of my 625 being able to watch separate shows on 2 different TVs, but would really like the ability to use the DVR whole house feature.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Nick

Yes, you can even watch the same recorded program if you want. (Only one other room though). The DVR will allow one stream of recorded content. So, in other words if you have one DVR and two HD Receivers, only one of the HD receivers could pull recorded content off the DVR at a time. Both of them could watch live TV. If you have more than two rooms, I would suggest two DVR's.

Yes, you can even watch the same recorded program if you want. (Only one other room though). The DVR will allow one stream of recorded content. So, in other words if you have one DVR and two HD Receivers, only one of the HD receivers could pull recorded content off the DVR at a time. Both of them could watch live TV. If you have more than two rooms, I would suggest two DVR's.

I now have 3 TVs but planning to go to 4. I was thinking about the 2 DVRs even with the MRV.

I have 4 TV's and use MRV with two HR24's (DVR) and two H24's (receiver only). Had it since Oct 2010 with no problems yet with scheduling conflicts or viewing conflicts. :)

I now have 3 TVs but planning to go to 4. I was thinking about the 2 DVRs even with the MRV.

Good idea. Two HDDVR's and two HD receivers is a good way to go. Get HD even if some of them are SD TV's. That way, with MRV, you can share content among all four.

As has been mentioned in other threads, you are best to get EVERYTHING you might want/need when you order or you will pay more later to add/upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts