Possible to cancel local channels?

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Is it possible to cancel locals on a core package since i have an OTA that gets more locals and better pic quality? I do not need to pay dish 10.00 for locals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Is it possible to cancel locals on a core package since i have an OTA that gets more locals and better pic quality? I do not need to pay dish 10.00 for locals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the SatelliteGuys app!

With the Flex Pack, you do have the option to remove locals. Here are the channels that are included in the Flex Pack https://www.mydish.com/flex-pack. In addition to Flex, you can add content-specific channel packs that allow you to customize your viewing experience. Add and remove Channel Packs at any time without a fee. If you don't watch, don't pay! The Channel Packs are listed at the bottom of the link that I have provided.

This is why I don't understand Dish breaking out the locals until they KNEW they were going to offer the option. Likely to be more same subject threads started before it's decided.

This is why I don't understand Dish breaking out the locals until they KNEW they were going to offer the option. Likely to be more same subject threads started before it's decided.
I said in another thread that I believe they broke out the locals to see how much interest there would be from customers in having the option to remove locals.

They also timed it with a package price increase, to hide the increase and make the core package prices look lower, hoping to trick customers. Though the savvy customer wouldn't fall for that trickery.

With the Flex Pack, you do have the option to remove locals. Here are the channels that are included in the Flex Pack https://www.mydish.com/flex-pack. In addition to Flex, you can add content-specific channel packs that allow you to customize your viewing experience. Add and remove Channel Packs at any time without a fee. If you don't watch, don't pay! The Channel Packs are listed at the bottom of the link that I have provided.
Flex pack is a good start but not good enough. Even with Channel Packs, it lacks a lot of stuff.

If you guys can take the feedback and pass it up the chain, make sure someone in a leadership position knows that we want to be able to drop locals from *any* package

Flex pack is a good start but not good enough. Even with Channel Packs, it lacks a lot of stuff.

If you guys can take the feedback and pass it up the chain, make sure someone in a leadership position knows that we want to be able to drop locals from *any* package
Or even add any and all channels to your Top packages.
Ridiculous that a smaller package is required to obtain certain channels.

I asked a Dish rep about this the other day and they said No. They are also no longer doing the autopay or e-bill discounts. Only way to really discount your bill is drop back in packages or Flex. And you can't ask for discounts by chat either.....you have to call by phone.

Correct me if I am wrong but even if you are on Flex and drop the satellite locals do you not also loose the guide data and ability to record the over the air locals

I asked a Dish rep about this the other day and they said No. They are also no longer doing the autopay or e-bill discounts. Only way to really discount your bill is drop back in packages or Flex. And you can't ask for discounts by chat either.....you have to call by phone.

Unless DIRT says so, I don't believe it.

Reactions: KAB
As a former CSR, don't trust the CSRs. I swear brain aneurism were a real threat sometimes, with some of our less enthused employees. Go with DIRT. They are truly the best in the industry.

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell

I just signed up for Dish and they offered my $5/mth discount for doing e-bill. Maybe its just for new customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)