Possible to hide DVR recordings?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Is it possible to hide DVR recordings with a VIP722k receiver? (re: parental control)

If the source channel or rating is locked, then the recorded programs will show up only as "Locked Event" in the DVR list while the receiver is locked. Flat out hiding is not possible AFAIK.

You can enable recording to an EHD. They would not show up on the main DVR menu.

I'm pretty sure you can't record directly to EHD. You record to the internal drive then move it to the EHD. Correct me if I am mistaken but I've never seen the option to record directly to EHD.

I'm pretty sure you can't record directly to EHD. You record to the internal drive then move it to the EHD. Correct me if I am mistaken but I've never seen the option to record directly to EHD.

Menu 8(preferences) 5(record Plus erd setup. Has an option to record to external device. If you enable it, the EHD shows up as an option along with TV1 and TV2 as a destination when you set up a timer.

Last edited:
Menu 8(preferences) 5(record Plus erd setup. Has an option to record to external device. If you enable it, the EHD shows up as an option along with TV1 and TV2 as a destination when you set up a timer.

Nope. That option was for the old Pocket Dish and Archos (External Recording Device). Will not send to an EHD. Setting is useless.

Not "useless" if you still use an Archos device like I do. I know, get with the times. Still works fine for me, hate to spend the money to go the Sling route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts