Possible to join the TV2 outputs from both a 622 and a 942 on the same line

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Does anyone know if it is possible to send the signals from both a 942 and a 622 onto the same cable run for distribution throughout the house on different channels. For example could I some how set the 942 to distribute TV2 on channel 15 and the 622 to distribute its signal on channel 60? If so how would I go about combining the signals onto the same line? To add 1 more wrinkle into the mix is it possible to backfeed both of these signals on the same line that the satellite signal is coming down (both the 942 and the 622 are in the same location). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brian

Should be no problem combining the RF output signals from the 942 and 622 on the same cable with a standard splitter/combiner. Make sure they're not on the same or adjacent channels (to each other and any other channels you may have on that same cable) and in the same "band" (TV vs. "cable"). If you're using Ch 15 for the 942, you might want to select closer channels (e.g. 20, 22) for the two tuner outputs of the 622, which are user selectable. Also, you can then take that combined signal and diplex it onto one of the sat. cables. Just make sure you use a power-passing diplexer that will allow the receiver's output power to pass to the LNB. Use the same kind of diplexer at the take-off point to feed back into a cable for the remote TVs...

Should work

If you use a two way splitter backwards to combine the two TV2 lines and run it back to the splitter that distributes to the whole house it should work. You may have to set one as a cable signal and one as an air signal in the modulator menu to avoid interference, but I've done it to combine the Channel 3 and 60/73 to distribute a 322 or 625 through the whole house. I hope that made sense. It is hard to put it down on paper sometimes.

So to combine the two signals onto the one line I just need to use a standard 2-way splitter (backwards so it is really a combiner) right? But where does that go in relation to the diplexor?

Yes (that's why it's called a combiner ;>)

Comine the 2 (or 3) TV2 signals from the 942/622 and then send that single lead into the low-frequency port on the diplexer (the names of the ports vary - yours might say V/U Ant. or OTA, etc.). Then somewhere along that sat. cable before the LNBF install another diplexer to extract the TV2 signals through the same port...

BRgds...

Yes, very nice. This gives so many more options while timers are set to record. Not to mention the fact that I will now be able to view all DVR'd programs (from both boxes) on all TV's in my house. I'm excited to get home and get this set up.

I found a separate multiplexer (ChannelPlus or TriplePlay) connected to the RCA outputs on the 522 to give a much clearer signal than the one built into the 522.

Brad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts