Possible to use 1000.2 dish for 1000.4?

MFA

Original poster
May 10, 2016
North America
I want to change my programming and according to my phone call the other day, I need to change my Dish to Eastern Arc. I am currently pointed at 110 119 and 129, 129W is weak...But works. I have the 1000.2 dish up and was curious if I buy the 1000.4 LNB, will I be able to just re use the old dish and point to 77 72.7 and 61.5?

I currently have Dish 250+. And If I go ahead and change the dish to those other 3 satellites, will my current programming work? Or will I screw it up?

I like to do these things my self and will not warrant the use of a tech.

Thank you

You would need an Eastern arc 2 LNB.
You don't need the 1000.4 lnb
You need the 61.5 and 72.

No programming would be lost. But obviously you would have to repoint your dish and peak those satellites before you run a check switch.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: MFA
So, you are saying that I will continue to receiver all my current programming, but with only hitting 2 satellites instead of 3? the 72 and 61.5? And this LNB will work with my 2 current receivers (211k)

Very few locals markets are on the 77, and not much else.
What local market are you?
And YES all mpeg 4 receivers are compatible with EA.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Very few locals markets are on the 77, and not much else.
What local market are you?
And YES all mpeg 4 receivers are compatible with EA.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I am in Northern Michigan and my locals in HD are on 61.5 even though I can get them right now on 110W but only in SD.

I am in Northern Michigan and my locals in HD are on 61.5 even though I can get them right now on 110W but only in SD.

You may be able to get Dish to switch arcs for you for free. They did it for me...

This is what you want.
Not that 1.4k lnb that was posted in the Solid signal link.
6d1c237af658ea23c04ed49b6aeb5a6c.jpg

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Northern Michigan should work well with dish 1000.2 with the dual lnb which gets 61.5 and 72. 77 is not needed. I was in los angeles and had the dish 1000.4 with three lnb's for 61.5, 72 and 77 because the 1000.4 got the signal levels to the mid 40's vs the low 20's of 1000.2.

Pointing is really easy if you are experienced. get the 1000.2 eastern lnb. DO NOT GET the tripple eastern arc lnb as it won't work. I've tried that.

Northern Michigan should work well with dish 1000.2 with the dual lnb which gets 61.5 and 72. 77 is not needed. I was in los angeles and had the dish 1000.4 with three lnb's for 61.5, 72 and 77 because the 1000.4 got the signal levels to the mid 40's vs the low 20's of 1000.2.

Pointing is really easy if you are experienced. get the 1000.2 eastern lnb. DO NOT GET the tripple eastern arc lnb as it won't work. I've tried that.
Why would LA be on Eastern arc?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Are you saying Solid Signal and others don't know what they're selling???

"DISH Network 1000.2 Eastern Arc LNB for Satellites 61.5 72.7 and 77 (1570920)"
They never have accurate pictures and they never have the proper descriptions and they charge too much for everything.
Your better off going to Ebay and find a retailer.
I can tell from that picture it won't fit a 1000.2 dish.

Want to see why not?

Here
Can you see the difference?
d1f1826858c4f0656537be22c744b4cb.jpg

The feed arms are different widths and the 1.2K dish doesn't have a middle prong on its smaller LNB adapter.
That's what makes it not fit.
Clearly that Solid signal picture is a 1000.4 EA lnb.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: JSheridan
e bay has excellent prices.

a dish tech reports they changed a dish or lnb, and gets paid..meanwhile they did nothing and still get paid and sell off the lnb for extra money.

i know this was a big problem awhile ago, and given its hard to track, its probably still going on:(

You had to ask! He's got a special situation. He doesn't have LOS to his real locals so he is getting locals that are CONUS but only on EA....

Bobby. you do remember well on the CONUS locals. :)

I had also changed my configuration to a partial western ARC solution with 110,119,118.5 and 72.7 as the wing dish. I had used the DPP lnb on I believe a single old Dish 500. I changed the DMA to San Diego and since San Diego is on spot, it reaches Los Angeles just fine.

On another note, I've moved to dubai for a year's work assignment. Miss my dish. These days, I play around with the crappy local provider which has the stripped down versions of the real channels. Its all through IP on their separate Subnet. Nat Geo looks like a demo channel with the same programming repeat 5 times a day. Sling on the other hand works well as well with the limited channels and virtually 0 DVR.

The new thing that would keep things alive for me is the PS Vue but they are too strict on the IP check and would still work, if the internet provider would have static IP's which they don't. I'm looking into ways of DD-WRT with openVPN and static IP through that. I've successfully configured dd-wrt and openvpn but the vpn provider I have does not have static. Besides the VPN IP Drop zipcode should match with your billing zipcode. Kind of a lengthy process.

Sorry for digressing :) I still have my trusted AI Turbo S2. Wonder what am I going to do with it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts