Possibly switching to Dish, need advice

ShadowEKU

Expert in the Making
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 13, 2004
Frankfort, KY
Morning Folks,

With all the stuff that has happened to me recently with DirecTV (I was actually thinking of switching before Viacom pulled their crap) I am seriously considering switching, but I need your advice.

I did a live chat with a CSR this morning because I need 2 Hoppers and 2 joeys, 200 dollars for equipment up front. but the person suggested I order 1H, 3J and then in 3 months upgrade for a lower cost and that the sales person could notate the account.

So my question becomes:

Should I order 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys for 199 or should I order 1 Hopper 3 Joeys and trust that a CSR notate the account so that I can upgrade in 3 months to 2 hoppers 2 joeys?

You'll be very happy you went with 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys from the start. I'm not sure the reasoning the CSR had other than trying to make more money in the future off the upgrade.

You'll be very happy you went with 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys from the start. I'm not sure the reasoning the CSR had other than trying to make more money in the future off the upgrade.

the 3 months of a clean acocunt I could upgrade at a lower (than 199) cost, but I have diffuculty believing CSRs these days due to an issue with Direct that im not going to delve into atm.

I would agree two Hoppers is the way to go especially as a new customer. More tuners, hoppers can share recordings and if one hooper happens to have problems you can still watch tv with the other Hopper

Sounds like you had a "creative" CSR. No question, go with 2H from the start.

As others have mentioned for the best price on equipment, it will be when you are a new customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)