Possibly the greatest game ever..

So this is a little off topic, but this game recently came out... Press X To Not Die. It's a game built off of QuickTime events presented as a cheesy 90's FMV style game, complete with bad acting and very little player interaction. Jim Sterling did a playthrough of it and I have to say it is an interesting experiment of a game. I don't think this game deserves its own thread, as it is a rather short cheesy game. To be fair the game is quite cheap and is actually an Xbox 360 port, but it's an interesting execution.

Wow... this is a mess, but the REAL standout is the voice acting. "The Room" comes to mind quite often, so you can imagine the level of quality here.

Tangentially related to this, as some of these videos have been victim of this...

One of the petty things that butthurt developers did to those that criticized their work on YouTube was to claim copyright infringement on a video they didn't like. This would lead to a temporary time where the video would be offline, and the video creator would have to respond with why it wasn't copyright infringement, and this whole process would take about 2 weeks. 99/100 times it wasn't copyright infringement because it was fair use, which allows for usage of footage if it's meant to critique something. But the problem was that with the old YouTube system, the onus to prove you didn't infringe on a copyright was on the video creator. YouTube would just ASSUME that the person claiming they were infringed upon were in the right, and it was up to the video creators to prove otherwise. In other words, you were guilty until proven innocent. Well it appears that YouTube is FINALLY changing things, and are instead siding with content creators for Fair Use situations. In fact they're so into it that if a copyright claimer does not accept the "Fair Use" declaration and decides to sue said content creator, YouTube will provide up to $1 MILLION in funds to help cover legal costs. That's pretty damn bold. Of course this doesn't fix the problem with the Content ID system, but it is still a significant step in giving content creators more power and not having them always treated as criminals for doing something that is completely legal. This video explains it all quite well. NSFW due to language. If you don't want to watch the video, you can read about it here.

Last edited:
Good news PC Gamers! It looks like NINTENDO is finally jumping into the PC market! Not only that, but it looks like we're all getting a brand new ZELDA game! Not a port, but something BRAND NEW! Rejoice PC Gamers! #PCGAMINGMASTERRACE

Phew... this one is a real piece of work. Oh wait it actually isn't, because "work" implies that real effort was put into it. It's hard to believe that this same engine is used in the Crytek games, which are visual marvels.

Tangentially related to this, as some of these videos have been victim of this...

One of the petty things that butthurt developers did to those that criticized their work on YouTube was to claim copyright infringement on a video they didn't like. This would lead to a temporary time where the video would be offline, and the video creator would have to respond with why it wasn't copyright infringement, and this whole process would take about 2 weeks. 99/100 times it wasn't copyright infringement because it was fair use, which allows for usage of footage if it's meant to critique something. But the problem was that with the old YouTube system, the onus to prove you didn't infringe on a copyright was on the video creator. YouTube would just ASSUME that the person claiming they were infringed upon were in the right, and it was up to the video creators to prove otherwise. In other words, you were guilty until proven innocent. Well it appears that YouTube is FINALLY changing things, and are instead siding with content creators for Fair Use situations. In fact they're so into it that if a copyright claimer does not accept the "Fair Use" declaration and decides to sue said content creator, YouTube will provide up to $1 MILLION in funds to help cover legal costs. That's pretty damn bold. Of course this doesn't fix the problem with the Content ID system, but it is still a significant step in giving content creators more power and not having them always treated as criminals for doing something that is completely legal. This video explains it all quite well. NSFW due to language. If you don't want to watch the video, you can read about it here.

Well unfortunately it appears as though Google's fair use program only works on smaller people/companies. However, when it comes to BIG media vendors, Google apparently is completely bowing to them and screwing over content creators who are well within the realm of fair use, but Google is using a management style that I'm unfortunately referencing more often than I'd like to:

More info here, but unfortunately it appears that once again Google is screwing over the little guys again, which are the same people that help Google make money, but I guess there's nothing like biting your nose off to spite your face.

Man... it's amazing what you can get in a system with absolutely positively NO quality control. I do recommend sticking it out because it's like watching multiple car wrecks upon each other.

Being the fan of "Best of Steam Greenlight Trailers" that I am I am very used to seeing incredibly bad looking games being showcased with incredibly bad trailers. However, those are often just reserved for Steam Greenlight, where there's literally ZERO quality control and said trailers are typically made by the awful developers themselves, as opposed to some sort of marketing company or branch of the publisher/developer. You'd think that the official Playstation YouTube channel would not have this same issue. After all, it has 4.7 million subscribers, and the last thing you want is even 10 percent of that audience seeing an awful looking game/trailer, as it makes your product look bad, as a video from your channel at least implicitly says that you "approve" of this particular game. You'd think the only stuff they'd be showing would have some sort of professional marketing budget/plan behind it. Well, either one slipped through or there really is no true quality control, because behold Solbrain Knight of Darkness..

Last edited:
That feels like it was supposed to be a joke but the fact that it is on the Playstation Youtube channel says otherwise. Outside of the game just looking bad they didn't even show anything except for the player running around. Every time there was about to be combat they cut away.

Also they felt the need to point out that it has an 8+ hour campaign. That was the point where I thought they were going for an intentionally bad vibe to appeal to twitch streamers.

It gets worse. Here's the game in action:

And unsurprisingly, it appears as though this game is basically just an asset flip along with a bunch of other stolen assets. More information here

I'm actually surprised Sony approved this game for sale on the PS4, let alone featuring it on their Youtube channel. I can't imagine anyone paying money for this outside of streamers who specialize in playing terrible games so they can give their over the top reactions. Even then, I'm not sure this game is silly enough to fit into that niche.

Remember Solbrain Knight of Darkness? If not, here's the trailer. I'd normally just link to the previous post I made about this but apparently Sony took the video offline.

Anyways, after that I thought that MAYBE Sony would review/re-evaluate their game approval process and not let something laughably bad back on their storefront. However, it appears that I was wrong. Behold Life of Black Tiger:

It's already become the new big joke of 2017. Apparently it's a port of a F2P mobile game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hanaGames.LifeOfBlackTigerFREE&hl=en

Metacritic rating is a joke (actually read them, don't just look at rating)

Legit critics have weighed in (Behind link due to language)

And I THINK this is the developer's website. http://www.playonegames.net/

Remember Solbrain Knight of Darkness? If not, here's the trailer. I'd normally just link to the previous post I made about this but apparently Sony took the video offline.

Anyways, after that I thought that MAYBE Sony would review/re-evaluate their game approval process and not let something laughably bad back on their storefront. However, it appears that I was wrong. Behold Life of Black Tiger:

It's already become the new big joke of 2017. Apparently it's a port of a F2P mobile game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hanaGames.LifeOfBlackTigerFREE&hl=en

Metacritic rating is a joke (actually read them, don't just look at rating)

Legit critics have weighed in (Behind link due to language)

And I THINK this is the developer's website. http://www.playonegames.net/

WOW...

Sooooooo...... this is a thing.....

VERY NSFW...

This IS on YouTube though, so it's not very graphic, but I don't feel comfortable posting it with the name and thumbnail here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)