Post what DirecTV retention offered you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
True, but anything outside the letter, or if the letter could be interpreted differently. Definitely take names and operator IDs. If you can, record the call. I use a couple of free apps on my iPhone for that. Depending on your state, and the state the call is considered taken in, most states only have a 1 party knowledge for wire tap laws.

Plus, they approve you to record, whether they like it or not, when they state "this call may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes". Works both ways.

Had a great experience today...was going to cancel and switch to optimum but the rep kept me talking and I let him just to see where it would lead and I ended up with Showtime for 4 months, nfl sunday ticket free with 1 year contract, an hr44 genie being shipped with a return box for the old receiver, and a total of $32.00 in credits for 12 months...I've been with Dtv for 10 years and they've always seemed to come through depending on who you get on the other end.

I have been with Direct for ten years. My contract is uo July 9th and I was going to ask them to put my account on hold and check out our local cable (Buckeye).
I had a little trouble recently with cancelling their warranty package, they sent a letter to come back and save my upgrade credit, I called and they wouldn't let me.

So my question has anyone got a deal offering by asking for a hold on the account or do I need to actually need to cancel and go to cable first?

Had a great experience today...was going to cancel and switch to optimum but the rep kept me talking and I let him just to see where it would lead and I ended up with Showtime for 4 months, nfl sunday ticket free with 1 year contract, an hr44 genie being shipped with a return box for the old receiver, and a total of $32.00 in credits for 12 months...I've been with Dtv for 10 years and they've always seemed to come through depending on who you get on the other end.

Wow, that's a great offer. I can't seem to get more than $20 for 12 months, and a replacement receiver for my hr34 (which has been acting up on recordings), but can't be guaranteed a HR 44. Rep said no offers for Sunday ticket yet and to try calling back when it gets closer.
I think I will try setting up a cancel date for when my contract ends in 2 weeks, and if they don't up the offer, just switch over to Dish. They are offering a $200 gift card for me to come back, and all new customer pricing.
Will Directv offer me anything during the 2 weeks leading up to my cancellation date, or will I have to wait until service actually cancels?

$20 for 12 months is nothing to sneeze at. That's a discount of $240 dollars. Why are you so quick to switch? Is the service not up to par? I'm all for finding discounts where I'm able, but I left DirecTv before for DISH and regretted it. It was a savings, but the service was not as good in my opinion. I switched back as soon as I could.

I'm finding out that my DVR problem is only happening on recordings on CBS NY. I have read that this is a bug on the HR34? Not sure about this, but I would want to be guaranteed a new model receiver.

I'm finding out that my DVR problem is only happening on recordings on CBS NY. I have read that this is a bug on the HR34? Not sure about this, but I would want to be guaranteed a new model receiver.

You can ask the installer if he has an HR44 on his truck when he comes to install for you. If not, you can let him know that you don't want the HR34 because of the "bugginess" and reschedule. Most techs, from what I've read here, are generally aware of the inferiority of the HR34 compared to the HR44 and will oblige.

Now - back on topic - sorry for the diversion....

just set up the appointment, and when they call to let you know they're on the way ask em what they have. if its a 34, just "remember" you had something else come up and reschedule.

This was last year. $35 off classic, free genie go, free upgrade to hr44, free nfl ticket, free dish upgrade. I have another month before I have to do this again. I go in with pricing from 3 other providers and really don't care if I leave. It's up to them to make the offer I can't refuse.

I have been with Direct for ten years. My contract is uo July 9th and I was going to ask them to put my account on hold and check out our local cable (Buckeye).
I had a little trouble recently with cancelling their warranty package, they sent a letter to come back and save my upgrade credit, I called and they wouldn't let me.

So my question has anyone got a deal offering by asking for a hold on the account or do I need to actually need to cancel and go to cable first?
Call in and talk with Retention before you leave if your wanting a better deal from D*. vs going to Buckeye ...
Retention has the most flexibility.

Wow, that's a great offer. I can't seem to get more than $20 for 12 months, and a replacement receiver for my hr34 (which has been acting up on recordings), but can't be guaranteed a HR 44. Rep said no offers for Sunday ticket yet and to try calling back when it gets closer.
I think I will try setting up a cancel date for when my contract ends in 2 weeks, and if they don't up the offer, just switch over to Dish. They are offering a $200 gift card for me to come back, and all new customer pricing.
Will Directv offer me anything during the 2 weeks leading up to my cancellation date, or will I have to wait until service actually cancels?
You'll have to call in and find out ... every account is different.

This was last year. $35 off classic, free genie go, free upgrade to hr44, free nfl ticket, free dish upgrade. I have another month before I have to do this again. I go in with pricing from 3 other providers and really don't care if I leave. It's up to them to make the offer I can't refuse.
Sounds like you HAD an offer to make you stay last year ...
You want (expect) one like that again this year ?

It's the ones who own the TV stations for demanding high per subscriber rates . It's directv's fault also for jacking rates up. Simply just lock in for 2 years a promo rate and more would stay. The problem is going to a lower package, most people lose the channels they watch so they're forced to keep that channel package.

$100 for pay tv is absurd and I don't blame people for asking for discounts every year. Now asking for new customer pricing every year is crazy but asking and getting a good discount instead of a measly 5.00 off would entice the customer to stay.

Now my grandpa has had them since they started and he never calls and asks for discounts. Says he's just happy with the service.

I was paying as much as $200 per month (3 tvs), reduced to 2 tvs & got some promos late last year to get the bill down to $150. Decided I would disconnect since they couldn't give me anymore promos to get the bill down to $100. Now 5 days after, with the return boxes here, the come back offers have started to come in, giving me even more than what I was asking for. Too late, I've discovered some viable streaming alternatives which is saving me as much as $80 to $100 per month, and I can disconnect & reconnect these services anytime without a penalty.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)