Posting "feeds" in the FTA area...MUST READ!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Recently there have been some feeds that have shown up being posted in the main area. This is not allowed.

Only feeds that are out here are the ones that deal with hurricane Katrina, and that decision was made by admin.

We have a “What’s up there” area where these are posted, and before this turns into an argument, let me explain how it works.

When someone applies, there has to be a reason listed. Admin sees them and decides whether to approve or deny. The ones that pretty much get denied right away are the following
- you answer “just because”….that ain’t going anywhere
- you answer “well, I’m approved everywhere else”….This isn’t everywhere else
- brand new members. There are a few exceptions, but these are pretty rare
- you do not have a system. I love the ones who do not have a system and say “I want to see what’s up there”. There are plenty of lists out there that have most of what is available.
-my favorite ones are the hackers who “want to see what is up there besides Dish” (this was an honest entry)

When you apply, they are reviewed usually within 24 hours. (weekends are the exception as we aren’t on as frequent). If they are approved, when you click on the “WUT” area, you can see the topics. If denied, you won’t be able to. If you are denied, please do not reapply again right away. There is a reason why they are denied.

I’m sorry if the above sounds harsh, but since a lot of stuff can be scrambled very quickly if it was out in the public, we try to control who has access.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or PSB :D

-Berg

BUMP!

Members who continually post feeds in open areas even when asked nicely not to may find themselves on a 3 day vacation from the forum!

some clarification as to what is allowed in main area

If its on Lyngsat, that's OK
If it is a feed, like a sporting event, it belongs in the WUT area.

Doc Scott changing PIDS-main
Feeds for a college game-WUT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)