POT Lines

overtimeman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 26, 2005
Clemson, South Carolina
Been away from Dish since 2005.Do they still require a telephone line be hooked up at all times now and if you don't have a line based telephone do they still charge a fee?Dish is much cheaper than cable now and I want to enjoy my new Vizio! TIA :ballchain:

If you have broadband set up on your receiver, it will "phone home" via the net. It will also send diagnostics. More than 1 person has reparted that they got a call from Dish saying they needed to send a tech out to fix a problem.

Been away from Dish since 2005.Do they still require a telephone line be hooked up at all times now and if you don't have a line based telephone do they still charge a fee?Dish is much cheaper than cable now and I want to enjoy my new Vizio! TIA :ballchain:

It doesn't matter if phone line is connected or not, fee is now charged although termed and charded differently depending which receivers you have. The most recognized term would be Land Lines (not POT). LOL.

One possible caveat to no phone lines.Not sure if they are still active but,the Dish audit team may still be watching for receivers not connected to phone lines where there are multiple receivers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)