Potential DirecTv sub - Quality of HD?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I'm interested in this too.

A lack of SpeedHD and SciFiHD are getting to be an issue for me.

However I've always felt that E*'s PQ was better than D* and I never cared for their poor advertising tactics regarding HD.

The only thing that has kept me with Dish is the 622. Best DVR bar none and its the reason I stay.

I have 2 HDTV's both running off the same 622 with the RF remote in the bedroom(one is component, the other is HDMI), can I do this with any of D*'s DVR's?

The channels we watch in HD are great but some of the ones we don't like Food and HGTV pixelate badly although they are all mpeg4.

LIL's took a big leap a while ago from being marginal to nearly onpar with OTA except for CBS.

Both our TV's are 1080p.

There are ways to do this IF your not concerned about watch the same programming.
I did this for awhile, set up a second RF remote and it worked great (I ran Composite cables between the two, bedroom TV is SD)

Then I got smart and just decided to get another HD REC. H20 seing it only cost me $ 5 more p/m it was a no brainer.

Personally I would just get a seperate HD rec for the other room.

Jimbo

There are ways to do this IF your not concerned about watch the same programming.
I did this for awhile, set up a second RF remote and it worked great (I ran Composite cables between the two, bedroom TV is SD)

Then I got smart and just decided to get another HD REC. H20 seing it only cost me $ 5 more p/m it was a no brainer.

Personally I would just get a seperate HD rec for the other room.

Jimbo
He could do it exactly the same way with the HR if I am reading him correctly. He has component to one and HDMI to the other. SO he would be stuck with the same program with D* just like he is with E* (since he wants HD on both sets). All of the outputs are active.

I would do what you said and just get another HD box.

If both are active thats good enough.

We do not want a second reciever since we rarely watch anything live. Almost everything we watch is recorded.

The 50 hours that D* quotes for HD programming recording time, is that at MPG2 or 4?

Price wise its for sure cheaper than Dish currently.

Now if they ever got smart enough so that 2 DVR's could talk to each other via ethernet and you could watch record programs from one to the other I'd get another box.

Does D* offer ethernet for call in? I do not have a $5.00 and no phone line, I use ethernet for call in.

Lastly how about RSN's in HD?

Fox's Sports HD Detroit shows all home Wings games in HD however E* only shows a few due to cost apparently. While everyone else gets HD we get SD.

I have upgraded from potential to an install of Sat 4/5 for DirecTV. I have been with Dish Network for nearly 6 years. Charlie better do something or he's gonna loose alot of subscribers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)