Potential New Customer Seeking Advice

Dish does not have a 30 day policy for the contract. As soon as the contract is signed, it is enforced. Directv has a 24 hour policy. The grace periods are myths, and can cause a lot of turmoil. The only 30 day policy is on purchases such as a sound bar for buyers remorse.

I thought that some states had laws that require 30 days though. You're right that Dish does not though.

I thought that some states had laws that require 30 days though. You're right that Dish does not though.
Everyone I have ever seen is 3 days and Dish has found a way out of that. Basically it is a cool down period from door to door salesman(lemon laws) but the order is placed over the phone when the customer signs up and the customer agrees over the phone thus bypassing the door to door law. If there is a state with an effective law, I would love to know which, and the law itself so I can review. Always willing to update my personal knowledge.

Everyone I have ever seen is 3 days and Dish has found a way out of that. Basically it is a cool down period from door to door salesman(lemon laws) but the order is placed over the phone when the customer signs up and the customer agrees over the phone thus bypassing the door to door law. If there is a state with an effective law, I would love to know which, and the law itself so I can review. Always willing to update my personal knowledge.

I honestly don't know but I do remember this conversation on here before and some members said that their state enforces a rule like that. I may be wrong too.

IIRC the last satellite company that had a 30 day grace period for termination was HughesNet and they stopped that at least a couple of years ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts