Potential New Customer...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CrawfordTexas

Original poster
Jul 11, 2012
Texas
Thanks so much for the site!!! So much great information!!!

I have been browsing the site for a few weeks now and have gathered quite a bit knowledge on DISH vs. DTv...

I think I have decided on DTv at this point...

I am on a tightly fixed budget and would like your thoughts on the next steps I should take in the process...

I would like to get the ST and do the lowest cost package that's includes this...(looks like the $34.99 one)

I have 3HD TV's that I would be hooking up...

My questions are basically:

1. What setup do y'all recommend? (HMC w/ 2 HD boxes???) whole house DVR?

2. How do I get rid of the premium channels that are included with the offer (and increase the price when the offer expires) can I have them removed right away or do I have to wait some time?

3. Does ST auto-renew? If so, do I just call and have it removed?

Essentially, my questions are based around...if you were in my shoes (knowing what you know now) what would you do (keeping cost in mind) (would like to keep the total bill under $60 (for the 1st year))

Thanks for all of your help!!!

Y'all are awesome!

1. id go an hmc, a hr-24,a nd an h24. that the whole home unit, an hd dvr and just a regular unit
you can never have enough recording. if you can do it put a dvr at each location

2. i requested that the free premiums not be turned on, and they did it. so yes, you can cancel right away.

also. look at the cost of the package after the promos expire. make sure that fits in the budget

Thanks for your response! I was hoping to get a variety of input as I am navigating this DTv world for the first time! I am sure there are some tips or tricks that are known by those that have been around the DTv side of things for awhile...

Thanks again for the great site and info y'all have shared!

An HR-24 is not an HMC the HR-34 is the HMC and can record up to 5 programs however I would stay away from the HR-34 I have instatll a few of them and from what I have seen they are a bit buggy. Once the bugs are worked out it will be great but just as everything else the first new model always has bugs. I would also go with the H-25 for my HD Reciver as they are lighting fast.

With all this being said when the tech comes out getting to choose your IRD's prob not going to happen you will be limited to what's on his truck.

Hope you made the flip. Direct Message me if you want more info. I did a TON of research before leaving TWC and so far, after 3 weeks, I've been very impressed. HDTV picture and sound quality WAY better for me. Nascar Hotpass, the Mix channels, all ROCK! I went with 3 HD boxes (3 HDTV's also, one SD) and the HR-34 Whole Home DVR. For me, it's been impressive, no issues. Tons of storage space, easily 10x what I had with TWC. They did a great install (I helped out, we fed some wires where I wanted them) and did an external install in a room where I had not had cable previously. I also called back Saturday and got Sunday Ticket Max added on for free! Whooo! I'm officially a couch potato again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)