Potential Verizon workers strike - FiOS work stopping in your area?

dlsnyder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Moreno Valley, CA
Verizon and its legion of subcontractors seem to have vanished from the streets of Moreno Valley, just as they were about to start work on my street. They put out the flyers back in May that they would be working on my street sometime in the next three months. They completed laying the conduit on the next street over, then all the workers disappeared. Has anyone else noticed this, or is there something going on in my area? Could it be related to the impending strike this weekend?

The strike deadline for Sunday is for the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast region of Verizon! No idea what is going on in CA, but it should not be related to this strike, especially since subcontractors are involved.

From what I have read, part of what is at issue is the kind of work being done by subcontractors, rather than Verizon personnel. If the strike is only going to affect the old Atlantic Bell territory then it shouldn't affect us in old GTE California areas, assuming they are still under separate contracts. I wonder what REALLY is going on??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts