Power Save Feature? / Record length

olds1

Original poster
Dec 28, 2011
Sacramento, CA
My 722 turns off when not in use. I am not sure of the time frame, it's off when I get up in the morning.
Will it turn back on if there is a recording scheduled?

The default record length seems to be 1 minute before and 3 minutes after a scheduled record time. I stumbled onto the menu to change it on one of the recordings but it was grayed out. How do I change that time frame?

TIA

My 722 turns off when not in use. I am not sure of the time frame, it's off when I get up in the morning.
Will it turn back on if there is a recording scheduled?

The default record length seems to be 1 minute before and 3 minutes after a scheduled record time. I stumbled onto the menu to change it on one of the recordings but it was grayed out. How do I change that time frame?

TIA

Yes, the receiver will record a program while the receiver is in standby (off). Press DVR three times, select timers, select one of the timers, then options. This is where you can change the start early/end late options.

By default it turns "off" after 4 hours of inactivity. It's actually just going into standby. MENU - 8 - 4 can be used to change this behavior. It doesn't even save much power (I've heard it saves a whopping 5 watts.) I'd test it with my Kill-A-Watt, but I'm lazy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)