power supply for azbox premium?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Pittsville

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
38N 75W
Does anyone know what has been failing in the power supplies? I've seen the factory instructions for changing the bridge rectifier, and a report that one person did it and the fuse still blew. I took one of mine that failed apart and the regulator seems to test ok. It has a 11N760C3 mosfet in it. I might try to test that. I was wondering if drilling out the little dimples on the plastic case of the power supply might allow it to run cooler and possibly avoid future failure? Since I have a case removed, I might drill the holes in it and put it on the working power supply. I won't know if it helped, but if it fails I will know that it didn't, unless it fails because I spilled a carbonated beverage and it got inside the power supply. Once a case is drilled out, extra caution would be needed to avoid having something get into the holes, like a kid with a paper clip or mop water etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)