Powered 8x4 splitter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gclipse

Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Maybe splitter is the wrong term. But i have 8 boxes in my bar, 6 are h20's and 2 are d10(the non HD boxes), and several of the h20's (3) get a searching for signal when trying to view the new HD channels. 1 doesn't even show alot of the new channels HD equivalents. So i'm wondering if the problem is that there isn't enough signal strength coming through to show those channels and if a powered 6x8 splitter would be the right way to go. If there is such a thing.

Thanks in advance. I'll be lurking in case there are any questions in regards to my setup.

Last edited:
5 LNB, says directv on it, doesn't say anything else on it. Also, i'm sorry i have a 6x8 splitter on it atm, not 4x8.

Have you tried moving the cables running to the boxes that are having issues to different ports on the multi-switch? Also are there BBC's on the back of these boxes? Is it just a straight cable from the multi-switch to the back of the box, no wall plates or anything like that?

Bill

Sounds more like signal issue to me. Check the signal strength (in setup menu) for satellite 103c. Give us an idea the numbers you see there.

The wb68 multiswitch is used very frequently and works fine powering off receivers. They do make a powered 16 port switch for around $200, but I don't think that is the problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

"Moving" wait time.

I'm Moving - Help - Distant feeds

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)