Powering off Joey leaves standby screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gizbug

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Chicago, IL
Just got a Joey. The tech installed and set it all up. However, when I press the big red power button on the remote, I am left with a "Please press select to watch tv"

Correct me if Im wrong, but shouldn't pressing the big red power button turn off the TV so I am not seeing this?

Pushing the big red button puts the Joey in standby mode. Pushing the little TV button turns off your TV (if your remote is set to control your TV).

The Joey and Hopper remain on all the time. Only thing the power button does it sets it in Standby mode and releases the tuner that was in use.

here is how(I think) you should set up your hopper/joey
in menu - settings - format tv - screen adjustment - press "-" or "+" til edge of screen alines
hdtv seting should be 1080 or 720, 16x9 (assuming hdtv)
In diagnostics turn off enhancements and in updates disable inactivity standby.
in guide settings /format hd channels , epg off
in remote manager disable limited and sat modes

Thanks. Use to my Harmony remote I guess =)

If the Joey is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, and the TV is new enough to be HDMI-CEC compatible, in the menus, the HDMI-CEC feature can be turned on. What that will do is when SAT is pressed on the Dish remote, the TV will come on with the receiver and automatically tune to the proper input. When the TV or receiver is turned off, the other will also turn off.

As mentioned, does require using an HDMI cable and having an HDMI-CEC compatible television.

If the Joey is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable, and the TV is new enough to be HDMI-CEC compatible, in the menus, the HDMI-CEC feature can be turned on. What that will do is when SAT is pressed on the Dish remote, the TV will come on with the receiver and automatically tune to the proper input. When the TV or receiver is turned off, the other will also turn off.

As mentioned, does require using an HDMI cable and having an HDMI-CEC compatible television.

Beat me to it.

I thought they had this:
Turning on the Hopper or Joey implies to turn on the TV.
Turning off the TV implies to turn off the Hopper or Joey.
Note the button difference. Not one button for all in all cases.
Turning on TV does not imply Hopper on.
Turning off Hopper does not imply TV off.
-Ken

I thought they had this:
-Ken

That is CEC-HDMI. Not everyone has that enabled and some folks are not using HDMI....

I thought they had this:
-Ken

That is how it was when I used it but technical issues led me to disable it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts