POWERMAX PMA24 - 24" Actuator

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PKII

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
WV
I need to replace my current Actuator for my 6 footer. Anyone use the POWERMAX PMA24 - 24" from Galaxy Marketing? Work well? I don't want to buy junk that I will just have to replace. Thanks.

The problem is not the headroom , the problem is the quality , if it is manufactured by the same company as the one I had that broke out of the blue in 16 months , made by MOTECK , QARL 3636 , """heavy duty""" then do not even bother, get yourself a used american made Von Weisse or the likes , do some maintenance and you are good to go for years to come. Forgot to mention the MOTECK factory did not even properly replied to one of the local dealers that carries the same product here in Canada.

I just want one that will not lose the position of the satellites. I have an older Superjack I believe is the brand but I've had it for a very long time and I knew it wouldn't last forever.

You can still find a Venture brand actuator. They are made in the USA. You can get a 18" Mini-T for around $70 that would be great for a 6' dish. I think a 24" would be overkill for a 6 footer, but you can get a 24" Venture Maxi for about $150.

You can still find a Venture brand actuator. They are made in the USA. You can get a 18" Mini-T for around $70 that would be great for a 6' dish. I think a 24" would be overkill for a 6 footer, but you can get a 24" Venture Maxi for about $150.

I contacted them and they never emailed me back. : / They need a way to just order it from their web site instead of me having to call them. : /

I agree with Bobvic, for me an 18" is good enough. My Spanish is poor, so I am only interested in English speaking Sats, but if you speak Spanish, then why not get a 24" it will give you more Sats

You can order from Volunteer Satellite Distributors - Volunteer Satellite Distributors
They are the retail division of Volunteer Satellite Dist. out of Columbia, Tenn.

Thanks. I think I have an 18 inch now. Most of my arc is covered with trees so I don't really need a bigger one. I wish I could get the other ones I can't understand half the channels I get now but its fun to watch what other countries watch. I haven't seen anything better than what we have in the USA or Canada. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts