PPV Certificate Limits

panache70

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 17, 2010
Western Hemisphere
Regarding the 12 PPV certificate limit per account, there was some question as to whether or not the used certificates would drop off after 12 months... leaving room for new ones.

Well, I had 2 provided to me on June 22, 2010 and as of today (June 24 2011) they have not dropped off. It would seem I am still at the maximum.

Can someone confirm, possibly the DIRT team, if customers are barred forever after receiving 12 PPV certificates?

There are various reasons to get certificates (sigining up for autopay, paperless billing, referral program, customer satisfaction situations etc).

Would seem strange to block all accounts after 12, especially for life ...!

Appreciate any feedback.

Zach, we have had this discussion here many times before and DIRT team and others have confirmed the 12 or 15 PPV certificate limit. If I contact CS today they will offer me a free PPV certificate (as they often do), only to come back and tell me later that the system does not allow them to add certificates because I have hit the maximum. My question really is not if there is a maximum (it is pretty clear that there is). My question is, is this a lifetime maximum or do the certificates drop off after a while? It seems 12 months is not enough time... so how long? If you PM me I will give you my account. You can try to add some PPV certificates... won't work.

Panache, I am going to have to do further research and contact some others. We looked and have not found a limit. I may have to get back to you tomorrow on this but I will get the answer either today or tomorrow.

Panache, I am going to have to do further research and contact some others. We looked and have not found a limit. I may have to get back to you tomorrow on this but I will get the answer either today or tomorrow.

Hi Zach. There is a 1-post requirement before one can send PMs, so I'm letting you know I'm PMing you regarding PPV certificates. Appreciate your help.:hatsoff:

Yes, some people went over 15 certs because they received them before the limit was put in place.
Today, you would not be able to get more after limit is reached. Look forward to DIRT response.

Are they still doing paper PPV certificates?

I remember back in the day I used to get them for my account all the time and would give then away because I never used then.

Too bad you couldn't redeem PPV certificates toward the PPV channels in the 490's :)

After doing research and thanks to help from MaryB, there is a limit of 12 PPV Certificates being issued to the account. Some accounts were able to get more before this limit was put into effect. Most of the coupons do have expireation dates but will not roll off the account. Sorry for the confusion from my first post.

The 5 PPV coupons for referring people are only for the first referral. Plus with each activated referral, you receive $50 off your bill ($5/month for 10 months) and you can refer up to 10 people per year.

ZachS@DISH Network said:
The 5 PPV coupons for referring people are only for the first referral. Plus with each activated referral, you receive $50 off your bill ($5/month for 10 months) and you can refer up to 10 people per year.

Well I guess that's good they don't limit that! Haha

Here is where I get ticked off. When you contact online customer service they almost always offer PPV certs as a customer satisfaction tool.

Once you have signed up for papeless billing, auto pay, participated in the referral program and received 6 certs for the 30th anniversary, you are now capped for life.

Even if online customer service promises you PPV certs, you will never get them.

The only solution is to escalate and get a supervisor to apply a credit to offset the cost of PPV.

Quite annoying, when the simple solution should be to have old certs roll off the accounts after a year.

Here's hoping DIRT team can convince higher ups that this really makes no sense, unless online CS are provided other customer satisfaction tools for them to use.

It's very frustrating to be offered something and then be told "Oops, sorry. Forget I offered that, you can't have any"

Problems with 77 again? Local nets gone

Christian news 24/7

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)