PPV certificates and VOD channels

Hall

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Germantown OH
In the past, you couldn't use PPV certificates to "pay" for movies on channel 1 or 501 (the ones labeled "VOD"). At some point, Dish added the option, based on these instructions:

REDEEMING MY CERTIFICATE

1. Make note of your certificate #
  2. Go to mydish.com/orderppv or mydish.com/ordervod
  3. Select the movie you would like to order
  4. Under Payment Form select "Use Pay-Per-View Certificate"
  5. Enter your certificate #
  6. Select "Submit"
Following the link for ordering VOD says to find the program in the guide and hit INFO. In the information screen, you're supposed to have an "order ID" listed. None show up on a couple of programs I tried.

Does anyone else have an ID # included ?

Not on Hopper system yet, but it has been speculated it will be on the next release.

Haven't had a release in a while, maybe it will be "soon."

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

In the past, you couldn't use PPV certificates to "pay" for movies on channel 1 or 501 (the ones labeled "VOD"). At some point, Dish added the option, based on these instructions:

REDEEMING MY CERTIFICATE

1. Make note of your certificate #
  2. Go to mydish.com/orderppv or mydish.com/ordervod
  3. Select the movie you would like to order
  4. Under Payment Form select "Use Pay-Per-View Certificate"
  5. Enter your certificate #
  6. Select "Submit"
Following the link for ordering VOD says to find the program in the guide and hit INFO. In the information screen, you're supposed to have an "order ID" listed. None show up on a couple of programs I tried.

Does anyone else have an ID # included ?

It worked for me on my 722k last week. Number is right in the info for the movie.

Can't take advantage of these certificates either on the hopper.
Yeah, you can (likely). Most movies on 501 are also on 502-5??, but at fixed times. The difference with channel 501 is you can start watching those anytime you want, i.e. "on demand". :)

Yeah, you can (likely). Most movies on 501 are also on 502-5??, but at fixed times. The difference with channel 501 is you can start watching those anytime you want, i.e. "on demand". :)
There are no 1080p nor 3D on PPV only on VOD.

In order to view a 3D or 1080p offering, you must order the title from channel 1 or 501 VOD. The titles listed on channels 502 through 522 are all HD, but only 1080i at best.

Those with ViP receivers that have VOD on channels 1 or 501 are able to use the PPV coupons that are being issued to BB@H subscribers to order through the web site using the "Order ID" that appears on the info screen. Hopper users do not see that "Order ID" and therefore cannot use their coupons for 3D or 1080p titles. We are just asking to be able to use the coupons the same as the ViP users. There has been talk here that the next software update might contain a fix for Hopper users. I just hope it comes before all our coupons expire.

I tried with a movie on 521 I believe and the site would not accept the order ID posted under info. I found the same movie at 501 and 1 but those did not contain the order id# I needed. Have you been able to use yours Hall?

In order to use the certificates with a movie from 501, you need that ID #. Apparently it's not possible on Hoppers or Joeys yet. I ordered from 502 or 503 or whatever channel - a standard PPV channel, not VOD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Actually there are a lot more movies available on 501VOD than are on the PPV channels.

Sent from my iPhone

In order to use the certificates with a movie from 501, you need that ID #. Apparently it's not possible on Hoppers or Joeys yet. I ordered from 502 or 503 or whatever channel - a standard PPV channel, not VOD.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, that was the only way I could get the ID # but the site rejected the number. I'll contact dish sometime this week and try to use the certificates.

Actually there are a lot more movies available on 501VOD than are on the PPV channels.
You have a Hopper ? There are a lot of VOD selections on the Hopper compared to what I recall on the 722k. Of course, the ViP receivers may have just as many thought I'm guessing not (as it's based on HDD available space).

It's on 501 (VOD) but not 502-5xx ? I've seen that happen with brand new releases...

What movie, if you don't mind me asking ?

There are currently 21 different HD titles available on the PPV channes 502-522. There are around 50 available in the VOD section of my Hopper, including six 1080p and three in 3D. I'd say the VOD section has the much better selection.

It has always bugged me that those 50 or so movies are already sitting there on my hard drive, but I can't view them without paying extra. That's one of the reasons the Hopper needed such a large drive.

You know, if VOD titles were a little less expensive, or had a longer rental period, I might be enticed into purchasing one. But not at the current prices, and/or 48 hour limit.

BTW, here is an earlier thread that discusses the same issue http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/320575-PPV-coupons-a-new-change

I PMed ZachS a while back and here is his response:

Hard Drive VOD ordering, ordering ID is something that just became available this week. I do not know if there are plans to release this to the Hopper/Hopper with Sling or not. I know that the reason behind it is to allow customers not connected to the internet a way to order VOD content. I believe the Hopper was left out because most are connected to the internet to take full advantage of the Hopper but that is just my guess. I can forward your request to make this available.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)