PPV coupon?

I just got the $2 rate increase letter along with a free PPV coupon. Nice way of saying....too bad but watch Lilo & Stitch on us....i wouldn't mind a $2 per month increase if i had NFL network, etc, but this blows!

Ransack said:
I just got the $2 rate increase letter along with a free PPV coupon. Nice way of saying....too bad but watch Lilo & Stitch on us....i wouldn't mind a $2 per month increase if i had NFL network, etc, but this blows!

Let's think about this like payroll. You work 8 hours a day and about 22 days a month. That's 176 hours a month. Divide 176 hours into $2.00 and it equals about 1 cent an hour. Now, when was the last time you got a raise at work? I bet it was alot more than a penny an hour. DishNetwork has a payroll as well. Somebody has to subsidize that, and that somebody is us, the consumer. Nothing different here than paying more at the grocery store, gas station, etc.

Prices go up, and the programmers are spending more and more to hold onto less and less viewers as the public watches more "cable" channels or heads for the internet or video games. Ad rates drop, and they have decided to pass on the costs to subscribers instead of the ad buyers. Also, most cable companies don't want to get hammered like Time Warner Cable did in NY a few years ago, and just pushes through the increases instead of risking a meltdown. That equals big increases year after year. Charlie seemed to be the only fighting this, but Rupert said that D* "had inherited some overpriced contracts" which sounds to me like they will using Charlies playbook at renewal time. Neither Charlie OR Rupert is used to losing money intentionally so I look for them to be the drag on increases as Comcast and Co. doesn't seem to have the stomach for it.

The revenue they are getting from the subscribers alone should be enough for them to make a nice tidy profit no matter what the ratings are, how much they get for each commercial, etc. Basically they want the ''extra'' cashflow for MORE profits. Stations should be run to be able to be allowed a profit from what subscribers pay then figure the advertisement as the extra profit.

Those pennies do add up. Figure a penny for every hour for everything you buy or do and over a longer period of time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)