PPV coupons - a new change??

lparsons21

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 17, 2009
Herrin, IL 62948
I was looking at mydish to start the process of getting a PPV with the coupons and noticed something that seemed different. In fact a couple things.

1. Value of the coupon is now a max of $6.99 vice the $5.99 before

2. Can order a VOD, channel 1 and 501 instead of just the 502 and up all day stuff.

...or did I not notice it before??? :)
?

The last time I used one I do think it was $6.99 max. I don't remember it being for the VOD channels or not...

New to me too. Except that when you try to order a VOD movie (channel 1 or 501) through dish.com, it asks for an order id # and shows you an example. when you click on the movie that you want to watch in the guide there is no id number. maybe I'm missing something.
FindOrderID_example.png

Edit- I think I found the answer. Looks like you cant order VOD with the hopper if you want to use one of the certs. Just noticed this at the bottom of the screen: [SUP]1[/SUP] Compatible receiver models include 512, 522, 612c, 622, 625, 722, and 722k.

Last edited:
I think I found the answer. Looks like you cant order VOD with the hopper if you want to use one of the certs. Just noticed this at the bottom of the screen: [SUP]1[/SUP] Compatible receiver models include 512, 522, 612c, 622, 625, 722, and 722k.
Could someone with a ViP receiver check the info screen on a VOD offering and tell us if the Order ID number appears there?

I was really hoping to take advantage of this new availability so I could watch 1080p versions of the movies. And, it would just be nice to actually watch one of the 50+ movies that are just sitting there on my hard drive, waiting for me to pay for them.

I don't think that garys is correct - I just received a free PPV coupon from DISH for the Blockbuster thing and my offer states the following:

Please note that Pay-Per-View certificates are only valid for Pay-Per-View (channels 502-559) and Video on Demand (channels 1 and 501) movies up to $6.99. They cannot be used for movies rented from DISH Anywhere or Blockbuster @Home.

I ran into that problem last night...there was no id # to put in the box online to use the ppv coupon. ..clicked rent and then yes thinking it would give me an id # and then the movie starts haha

So no you cant order vod w a coupon

I missed that. In the past you couldn't use coupons for VOD. The order number can be found when you pull up the info screen for the VOD channel from the guide on my 722.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So I guess the lack of an order ID number is a Hopper issue. :(
?

You can now, and yes...this IS new. And no, you can't do it yet on the Hopper, as it does not show the ID code to use. That is a known issue that Dish is working on.

Yes, I noted that I was wrong on this. Sorry. Has anyone with a Hopper checked the info screen by way of the guide to see if the ID number shows there yet? That is where I found it on my 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)