remote control problems

KG4KBU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
Corbin, KY
I just upgraded my box to a 722 dvr and I can't seem to my dish remote to work this new box. It seems harder to respond and sometimes wont at all. It worked the old tv box just fine. I replaced the batteries and nothing. I am thinking possibly a faulty box ? I need some help on this DIRT team

You now have a 722. That has 2 remotes TV1 should be an IR remote TV2 should be a UHF remote. What model# remote are you trying to use? What are the remote addresses that you have them set for?

You now have a 722. That has 2 remotes TV1 should be an IR remote TV2 should be a UHF remote. What model# remote are you trying to use? What are the remote addresses that you have them set for?
Yea, why are you using the remotes that ran your old receiver if you just got a new one?

they gave me a new remote and that is what I use. it says 20.1 IR on it. Still doing it. Sometimes it works a little and other times it wont work at all

Make sure the UHF antenna is screwed on the back of the receiver on the correct jack and raised vertically and your batteries are new.

Make sure the UHF antenna is screwed on the back of the receiver on the correct jack and raised vertically and your batteries are new.

He just said 20.1 remote. That's the IR remote. Sometimes IR remotes have issues, so it could be the remote. If not, try re-addressing it with a different code. Not sure what you have tried so far, but I like codes 6-14.

There are some tvs where the backlighting interferes with IR on some receivers. I don't know much about this issue, but one thing to consider if your tv is backlit.

Did you get 2 remotes with it? Did you get it from Ebay or from DISH? In single mode the UHF remotr should work or is your problem only with IR?

If I understand correctly you got a new remote that only works sometimes. Is it possible they sent you a remote that is not really new. Sometimes when a remote has a lot of use the buttons don't make good contact. If pushing harder on the buttons makes it work then I would say this is the problem.
I had problems with both remotes on my 622 after a couple of years of use.

so far it is working good since i put 614 in. if it still messes up i will let u know. oh how do I turn the backlight off on my tv if it is on ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts