PPV Event in HD and SD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Get-me

Original poster
Sep 12, 2007
Hi ALL!!

Hopefully someone can help me here. There is a Boxing Event i want to buy in HD ($54.99) i have an H21 Receiver. but wants to record it in my TIVO (SD)

If i buy the HD PPV Event do i also get the SD Channel? I know if you buy the SD you dont get the HD.

Thanks

I would say yes, but I'm not too sure either. Just be careful when you order, though.

I do know that when you order PPV through the phone line, it only authorizes it for that particular receiver. I don't think DirecTV changed any of that. I do know that ordering through the phone or online authorizes the PPV showing for all receivers, but there is a fee when ordering over the phone. There should be no associated fees when ordering online.

I would imagine that ordering PPV is like your regular programming. You get the channels in HD as long as they are within your subscription package range. But special event viewings like that may not be the case. I would also recommend hooking up a DVD recorder or a VCR to your TiVo unit as well, as I believe the newer software is deleting PPV showings after 24 hours of watching it (I haven't confirmed it, someone else may be able to) but it never hurts as a safeguard.

On another note... I know we have plenty of technicians on this board (myself included) but do we have any CSR's for the respective company as well? Or do they steer clear because they are the source of our call-in pains? lol.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts