Ppv Hd??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Considering dropping netflix since I don't rent that much movies/month and maybe just doing once a month PPV movie. How's the PPV HD with D* in terms of pic quality? Is it also in HD-lite? Can I record a PPV movie with my HD DVR or is it blocked for recording?

Thanks!

By the way, has anybody else noticed netflix got slower for movie receiving/delivery? they used to get my movies the very next day around 7 AM and have a new one shipped by 10 AM. Nowadays they don't ship it till late in the afternoon? is it a netflix problem of post office???

Last edited:
Fgsilva said:
By the way, has anybody else noticed netflix got slower for movie receiving/delivery? they used to get my movies the very next day around 7 AM and have a new one shipped by 10 AM. Nowadays they don't ship it till late in the afternoon? is it a netflix problem of post office???
Netflix intentionally "throttles" your usage. Typically this has happened to heavy users bu through my experience even a mild user like myself, gets less movies per month than I used to. It is BS, but you can only make a decision based on your own needs. I cancelled long ago and do not use Blockbuster anymore either.

that's right. wasn't there also some class action sometime ago because of that?

Tonedeaf said:
Netflix intentionally "throttles" your usage. Typically this has happened to heavy users bu through my experience even a mild user like myself, gets less movies per month than I used to. It is BS, but you can only make a decision based on your own needs. I cancelled long ago and do not use Blockbuster anymore either.

I think Directv chooses the crapiest movies for PPV. I think they choose movies that nobody would want to watch. Just my two cents though...

Fgsilva said:
that's right. wasn't there also some class action sometime ago because of that?

Yes, and netflix lost; they (and others) continue to do this, yet much more subtle. Unless you happen to live a long way away or your local store never carries good movie or enough qty; these services don't save you any money unless all you do is watch DVDs. Its always rigged so based on averages that the house will turn a profit. Just like Vegas. I am not dogging the use, just using common sense. When we tried it, you really have to make sure to get, view, return at a fast pace.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts