PPV Locking and NHL Center Ice -- Dishnetwork you need to fix this problem

ohio_caps

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 15, 2004
I have PPV not locked on my receivers because when its enabled the kids and I have to enter the unlock code to watch NHL Center Ice (which is already paid for). I dont want to give the kids the unlock code, cause they would have the keys to the cookie jar, but they watch NHL Center Ice too. Well guess what the younger kids dont care that there is a cost for the movies on dish on demand. They just order away. There is NO reason why I should have to enter an unlock code to watch center ice when I already paid for it.There is no reason on this earth that the kids should have the unlock codes. They exist for a reason. There is no way I should have to enter a code to watch what has been paid for. I don't for HBO, the sports package, the superstation, etc.. Guess what dish you have a bug and I am not paying for those movies.

You can change the way you currently lock your system. PPV locks will lock out all PPV's including NHL Center Ice. If you switch the locks to "Channel Locks" you can specifically chose the channels VOD, PPV Movie and Adult channels to lock out of your system. This will resolve your current issue.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the reply. This sounds time consuming for one and I dont believe this will block dish on demand $$ movies across the internet. Are you saying the blockng VOD channel 1 will block dish on demand ppv and allow the kids to download free dish on demand movies??? This also doesn't get to the heart of the matter that NHL center ice is paid for and should not be blocked.

But this doesn't address the fundamental problem, which is, why is Center Ice considered a PPV when you subscribe to a package of channels for a period of time, rather than on an event-by-event basis? I don't have kids, I don't subscribe to Center Ice, and I don't rent PPV, but I'm disgusted to learn of yet another senseless and inexplicable "feature" in Dish's software.

When you say IPVOD I assume this means when I press "Dish on Demand" button and browse movies available to download from internet? If so, I disagree, when PPV is locked, the $$ movies on the "dish on demand" require the unlock code. I verified that tonight when I locked ppv again because of this inconsistent buggy ppv locking system. Now I get to unlock hockey games that I already paid for one channel at a time. Never had to do this last season, or the season before that, or the season before that, etc. I have had NHL Center Ice EVERY season since Dish offered it. Then again it never said "rented" next to the guide channels for NHL center Ice. Please escalate, its very problematic. And by the way I do like this DIRT system vs. calling, glad you monitor the forums. If I say I have had dish since 1998 would that help escalate it???

If you don't want to pay for any PPV, either the IPVOD or satellite variety, have a Dish rep zero out your PPV credit limit. Works for me! No time-consuming or ever-changing channel locks, either. I think, but I don't now, that this would also fix the problem with Center Ice.

Yes, but if he changes his PPV credit limit to zero, then what happens when he goes to order Center Ice next year? Guess he'll just have to use DIRT to override it and reset it back to zero.

Darn good question... I have no trouble adding channels (such as BB@home) to my account. I imagine CI would be similar.

I guess that would depend on whether CI is considered an ala-carte add-on or a PPV order.

Yes, but if he changes his PPV credit limit to zero, then what happens when he goes to order Center Ice next year? Guess he'll just have to use DIRT to override it and reset it back to zero.

If your PPV credit limit is set to zero, you will need to contact one of the DIRT members or a CSR by phone in order to have the PPV limit adjusted to order PPV in the future.

Last edited:
I have the same problem and it is annoying and makes no sense. Since I don't do PPV (I can go to RedBox instead for a lot less money) I simply lock out all the PPV channels on an individual basis. However, it is a problem for those who do PPV and Dish needs to fix it!

!protest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts